ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ANYONE ANYONE GET VISA ON DIVIDEND?PLZ COME FORWARD

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

ANYONE ANYONE GET VISA ON DIVIDEND?PLZ COME FORWARD

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Wed May 20, 2009 12:13 am

anyone who get extension on dividend,as it looks no one in this forum extend visa on dividend.if anyone please reply.

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Wed May 20, 2009 9:55 am

COME on guys not a single one who get initial or extension on dividend?
Anyone director come and comment?

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Wed May 20, 2009 8:47 pm

any one?

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed May 20, 2009 9:50 pm

Please fire your query and you will have answer or atleast information you need.
ssoct98@hotmail.com wrote:any one?

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Wed May 20, 2009 10:08 pm

i m much clear on dividend issues,but as u know a practical experience who has get extension on that helps alot.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed May 20, 2009 10:10 pm

As I said, I have got my colleague extension based on that.If you have doubt you can alway speak to your accountant who is obliged to provide you all details.
Alternatively, go by guidance notes "literally word by word" and in your cover letter mentioned the reference of guidance notes.
ssoct98@hotmail.com wrote:i m much clear on dividend issues,but as u know a practical experience who has get extension on that helps alot.

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Thu May 21, 2009 9:20 am

chetojha,basically the thinking of accountant is totally different of what a caseworker think,secondly i have studied 2 times guidelines,but its not clear about dividend?accountant calculate as per hmrc,but HO deals in different way.
Can u ask ur frd how he calculate dividend,u have clear much abt my queries just wanna see in practical what HO wants from a canditate in shape of dividend proof and how they calculate dividend time period.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu May 21, 2009 10:18 am

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Thu May 21, 2009 10:41 am

SO thanks

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu May 21, 2009 11:14 am

Good Luck with your application.

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Thu May 21, 2009 10:33 pm

whats the meaning of this,can you put some light chetojha

38. ??If the company you work for pays part of your income in dividends then you should provide evidence that this has been declared as earnings. This should be in the form of either personal tax returns or or corporate tax voucher from the company.

39. ?..If shares or dividends are part of your earnings package they must be shares or dividends from the company you are working for or running. You must provide evidence of earnings made on the shares or dividends and evidence that it is derived from the shares or dividends in the company you work for or run. Dividend vouchers will be assessed if they form part of the earned income and not dividends from investments.

As i am director+shareholder,so i m taking dividend from profits,so is it ok according to upper statement.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri May 22, 2009 11:36 am

38. ??If the company you work for pays part of your income in dividends then you should provide evidence that this has been declared as earnings. This should be in the form of either personal tax returns or or corporate tax voucher from the company.
Two different things mentioned here. There are few companies who offered their employer a fix salary and then part of the company profit(dividends).
39. ?..If shares or dividends are part of your earnings package they must be shares or dividends from the company you are working for or running. You must provide evidence of earnings made on the shares or dividends and evidence that it is derived from the shares or dividends in the company you work for or run. Dividend vouchers will be assessed if they form part of the earned income and not dividends from investments.
Since you are sole director(and ofcourse major share holder) of the company(like me).. you obviously try to pay yourself(salary) minimum to make sure company profit increase(to increase your dividend amount). Second statement is for you.You can show the payslips of the amount if you are taking + amount earned via dividends (i.e. using dividend vouchers). Your accountant will prepare dividend vouchers for your.
Last edited by ChetanOjha on Fri May 22, 2009 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Fri May 22, 2009 1:13 pm

i havnt taken less wages from december 2008 till may 2009,taking good amount,paying tax too,anyhow please ring me,i have pm u already my number.

fahadz1
BANNED

Re: ANYONE ANYONE GET VISA ON DIVIDEND?PLZ COME FORWARD

Post by fahadz1 » Mon May 25, 2009 2:58 am

ssoct98@hotmail.com wrote:anyone who get extension on dividend,as it looks no one in this forum extend visa on dividend.if anyone please reply.

i am planning to take divided from my ltd company as my accountant said.
correct me if i'm wrong. I am working part time and showing my business throught limited company and taking dividend only > is this acceptable ?

is there any format for dividend ? or its acountant responsibility ?

Regards

surat3912

COMPANY Accounts to claim income

Post by surat3912 » Mon May 25, 2009 1:27 pm

Senior Members Please respond.

If I am not wtong there is no worry and need about dividend issue. If we are running our Limited company and retain our profit/earnings in the company/business,the HO requirements to claim earnings is to prepare Profit & Loss Account& Balance Sheet in statutory format for the period claim prepared by an Accountant and ,a letter from an accountant showing profit/share of the person claimed. Hence no need of any any payment of dividend.

Please rectify if i am wrong.

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Mon May 25, 2009 10:19 pm

u need dividend vouchers for each dividend u taken,profit+loss accounts are not mandatory,its better if take wages+dividend,only dividend they can ask you more documents in shape of company statments+accounts.

surat3912

Post by surat3912 » Tue May 26, 2009 1:45 pm

It means we must withdrawn either dividend or salary. If we want to retain our profit/surplus in business,and not withdrawing anything,can we claim self employed earning from our Company for the profit/surplus earned in our company or not ?

Seniors are welcome to discuss the issue

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Tue May 26, 2009 2:31 pm

if u r claiming dividend than u have to show dividend voucher and it is not responsibilty of accountant

BUt accountant can sort it out with extra cost other wise it is work of company secretary / director

dividend claimed and voucher not submitted 100 % chance of refusal

surat3912

Post by surat3912 » Tue May 26, 2009 3:01 pm

Is it necessary to transfer/take the dividend amount in the applicant's personal bank accounts ?

surat3912

Self employed Company Structure

Post by surat3912 » Tue May 26, 2009 9:31 pm

Page Number 27 of the Guidelines for HSMP (TIER1) Extention explain Claim for earning under Company structure is as under :
Self-employed earnings within a business or company structure:

If an applicant has worked in a self-employed capacity in his/her own business or company structure and has chosen to keep his/her earnings within the business or company, he/she could provide:

business or company accounts that meet • statutory requirements and show the net profit made for the earnings period claimed; and

a letter from his/her accountant confirming • the details in those accounts.

If the applicant is not the sole shareholder of the company he/she should also provide:

a letter from his/her accountant confirming • his/her shareholding and the proportion of net profit before tax to which he/she is entitled for the earnings period claimed.

From the above it is clearly prove that there is no need to prove/pay/declare and transfer any amount in personal account as Dividend/Salary to claim earnings.

fahadz1
BANNED

Re: Self employed Company Structure

Post by fahadz1 » Wed May 27, 2009 12:30 am

surat3912 wrote:Page Number 27 of the Guidelines for HSMP (TIER1) Extention explain Claim for earning under Company structure is as under :
Self-employed earnings within a business or company structure:

If an applicant has worked in a self-employed capacity in his/her own business or company structure and has chosen to keep his/her earnings within the business or company, he/she could provide:

business or company accounts that meet • statutory requirements and show the net profit made for the earnings period claimed; and

a letter from his/her accountant confirming • the details in those accounts.

If the applicant is not the sole shareholder of the company he/she should also provide:

a letter from his/her accountant confirming • his/her shareholding and the proportion of net profit before tax to which he/she is entitled for the earnings period claimed.

From the above it is clearly prove that there is no need to prove/pay/declare and transfer any amount in personal account as Dividend/Salary to claim earnings.
can any one tell me what are statutory requirements in detail???