ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP to WP - processing times? Help please

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HSMPgirl
Newly Registered

HSMP to WP - processing times? Help please

Post by HSMPgirl » Mon May 25, 2009 2:08 pm

Hi all,

I am currently on HSMP, expiring at the beginning of July 2009. I didn't get enough points for an extension to Tier 1, but fortunately I have an employer willing to sponsor me (I meet the points threshold for potential earnings etc).

How long are the processing times for in-country switching from HSMP to WP? I know it used to be less than a week, for big City firms (of which my firm is one). But since the rules changed, I heard that you have to make an appointment at the PEO in advance, and it takes up to 28 days? Is this true?

If not, what are the approximate waiting times? Would be great if people could share their experiences, and what one has to do (I would rather have a same-day appointment if possible, and NOT use the postal route).

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: HSMP to WP - processing times? Help please

Post by Wanderer » Mon May 25, 2009 2:39 pm

HSMPgirl wrote:Hi all,

I am currently on HSMP, expiring at the beginning of July 2009. I didn't get enough points for an extension to Tier 1, but fortunately I have an employer willing to sponsor me (I meet the points threshold for potential earnings etc).

How long are the processing times for in-country switching from HSMP to WP? I know it used to be less than a week, for big City firms (of which my firm is one). But since the rules changed, I heard that you have to make an appointment at the PEO in advance, and it takes up to 28 days? Is this true?

If not, what are the approximate waiting times? Would be great if people could share their experiences, and what one has to do (I would rather have a same-day appointment if possible, and NOT use the postal route).
Think it's called Tier 2 now and even the Premium Postal service takes six weeks...

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... plication/
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....