ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

POLL :ANYONE HAD A SUCCESSFUL REVIEW/RECONSIDERATION ?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amserve

POLL :ANYONE HAD A SUCCESSFUL REVIEW/RECONSIDERATION ?

Post by amserve » Thu May 21, 2009 5:10 pm

I am interested to know if people will share experiences where they have been refused entry clearance and when they have submitted appeal with supporting evidence, then that decision has been reversed, thus subsequently giving them entry clearance.

Do the eco's actually review the circumstances when appeals are submitted ?

It seems the majority of the time they simply send everything to ait when they should be actively re-viewing the application in light of new evidence, etc.

Any ideas ?

amserve

Post by amserve » Sat May 23, 2009 9:30 am

surely someone must have had a successful review of their refusal ?

William Blake
Member of Standing

Post by William Blake » Mon May 25, 2009 3:18 pm

Well I have read posts on here where people have had successful reviews.
Every night and every morn
Some to misery are born.
Every morn and every night
Some are born to sweet delight.
Some are born to sweet delight,
Some are born to endless night

roball
Newly Registered

Post by roball » Mon May 25, 2009 4:21 pm

I had a completely UNSUCCESSFUL review of a tier 1 application.

I was refused based on previous earnings. I submitted my p-60 along with 11 other pay stubs but couldnt for the life of me find my march wage slip. SOOO.... i had my employer (THE NHS) payroll write a letter stating my previous year's income (also had additional evidence from bank statements).
Anyways. Of course they denied it based on the missing wage slip. even tho i had the letter to back it up, they said that it wasnt detailed into monthly gross and net wages (which isnt to my knowledge stipulated in the rules).

I was in a right mess, seeing as how I spent more than half a month's wages on the application.

So I returned everything, with a cover letter explaining the situation and a new letter from payroll that broke the earnings down into monthly gross and net wages.

6 weeks later, A new refusal from 'higher up' saying that they normally dont review these apps but that the took it into consideration this once (gee thanks). but it was obvious he hadn't looked at any of it.
And there's no chance that it'd get looked at again.

I heart the UKBA.

Sometimes i wonder why I live here.

Mini
Member of Standing

Post by Mini » Wed May 27, 2009 9:08 am

Mini

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed May 27, 2009 3:02 pm

The review is normally done by the Entry Clearance Manager at the post where you applied, not by the ECO who made the initial decision.

There have been a number of people who have succesfully had their decisions over turned by the ECM, once you have provided detailed reasons why you think the decision to refuse was wrong

You need to have a look at the Entry Clerance Guidance that ECO use, to see if they have not complied. If you think they have not complied, then use that against them.

The ECO will refuse EC if he has ANY doubts. Remember they only need the slightest doubt to refuse and the onus then falls on you to prove otherwise.

They also use the term " on the balance of probalities", which also puts the onus on you .

The odds are stacked against the applicant from the start, but if you are genuine and honest you will almost always suceed, if not after a review , then almost certainly at an appeal hearing.