ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of lawyer for CCL case

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sp1
Newly Registered

Change of lawyer for CCL case

Post by sp1 » Mon May 25, 2009 8:47 am

Hello friends,
I am new to this forum. I want to change my lawyer for CCL case. The Immigration officer took my passport on my way back to london and I have appealed through a lawyer. But the lawyer is asking money all the time. Is there any way I can handle my own case. Please suggest. Thanks

Biswanath

Re: Change of lawyer for CCL case

Post by Biswanath » Mon May 25, 2009 12:31 pm

sp1 wrote:Hello friends,
I am new to this forum. I want to change my lawyer for CCL case. The Immigration officer took my passport on my way back to london and I have appealed through a lawyer. But the lawyer is asking money all the time. Is there any way I can handle my own case. Please suggest. Thanks
What specific questions immigration officer asked you when you were returning to heathrow? For what reason they have kept your passport?thnaks.

Rajaali

Re: Change of lawyer for CCL case

Post by Rajaali » Mon May 25, 2009 6:19 pm

sp1 wrote:Hello friends,
seems like u have hired the services of pay as you go solicitors normally such solicitors charge you on every service even every correspondence u recieve from them, you should have hired a solicitor with fixed fee which is in this case from 1000-1500 pounds depending on the repute of solicitors and in this fix fee most of them will even give you the services if you have to go as far as high court although high court fee of 400 pounds will b payable by u. so now if you are looking for solicitor better arrange a fixed fee service and have a letter of payment recieved so that he wont blackmail you in the future although good solicitors never act that stupid but some dodgy ones do.hope it helps !

morrisnigel
Newly Registered

CCL

Post by morrisnigel » Tue May 26, 2009 9:48 am

Hi,

I am BBC journalist and need to talk/correspond with students or lawyers involved in the CCL appeal at Taylor House next month?

We are producing a programme about the points based system.

Regards

Nigel Morris
BBC London
0207-208-9216