ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 Dependant - Register with Police procedure

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

liverpool123
Newly Registered

Tier1 Dependant - Register with Police procedure

Post by liverpool123 » Mon May 25, 2009 11:15 am

I would like to know the procedures / application / fee details for Tier1 dependant registration with police.

Thanks in advance.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Tier1 Dependant - Register with Police procedure

Post by Wanderer » Mon May 25, 2009 11:34 am

liverpool123 wrote:I would like to know the procedures / application / fee details for Tier1 dependant registration with police.

Thanks in advance.
If u have to register you must;

1. Go to nearest police station that registers foreigners - not all do - ours was 12 miles away. Take a couple of passport photos and the filled in form

2. Tell then ur story and u have to register, u might find they no nothing about this procedure and have to dig up a copper who remembers how to do it, so allow some time and don't give up - u have to register.

3. Pay up ur £35 as it was, prolly £50 knowing this gov, have to pay for ur MP's moat-cleaning...

4. If u move or change visas - go back and tell them - they will amend the form - free of charge (for now!)

5. Carry it with u at all times - or risk a £6000 fine and prison - yeah right!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

krishna186

Post by krishna186 » Mon May 25, 2009 9:21 pm

Wanderer wrote:
liverpool123 wrote:I would like to know the procedures / application / fee details for Tier1 dependant registration with police.

Thanks in advance.

1. Go to nearest police station that registers foreigners - not all do - ours was 12 miles away. Take a couple of passport photos and the filled in form

2. Tell then ur story and u have to register, u might find they no nothing about this procedure and have to dig up a copper who remembers how to do it, so allow some time and don't give up - u have to register.

3. Pay up ur £35 as it was, prolly £50 knowing this gov, have to pay for ur MP's moat-cleaning...

4. If u move or change visas - go back and tell them - they will amend the form - free of charge (for now!)

5. Carry it with u at all times - or risk a £6000 fine and prison - yeah right!
Does this mean that all TIER1 dependants have to register ? Can you please confirm ? Is ti only for certain nationalities to register ?

liverpool123
Newly Registered

Post by liverpool123 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:12 am

Police registration is not needed for my dependants( We have Indian PPs). I got the confirmation from Police and HO.Other nationalities pls check with HO.

liverpool123
Newly Registered

Post by liverpool123 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:21 am

[quote="Wanderer"][quote="liverpool123"]I would like to know the procedures / application / fee details for Tier1 dependant registration with police.

Thanks in advance.[/quote]

5. Carry it with u at all times - or risk a £6000 fine and prison - yeah right![/quote]

Thanks Wanderer for your detailed response.

Sorry for my delayed reply.I was away from UK and did not have time to access the net.

It is really helpful to anyone who needs to register with Police. I made a call to Police and HO and they said that police registration is not needed for Indian passport holders. So we did not go. But the details given by you are same. As you have mentioned the fee was slightly up.

Thanks again.