ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 1 TO PR: REDUNDANCY : ECONOMICALLY ACTIVE? PLS HELP!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SarithaSVarma
Newly Registered

TIER 1 TO PR: REDUNDANCY : ECONOMICALLY ACTIVE? PLS HELP!

Post by SarithaSVarma » Thu May 21, 2009 11:34 am

Hi All,

I am an Indian engineer currently working in UK in Tier 1 General category. I was working on Work Permit before. I can apply for indefinite leave to remain on September.

Unfortunately I am made redundant at the end of this month. SET(O) form says that I have to be “economically activeâ€

push
United Kingdom

Re: TIER 1 TO PR: REDUNDANCY : ECONOMICALLY ACTIVE? PLS HELP

Post by push » Thu May 21, 2009 1:08 pm

[quote="SarithaSVarma"]Hi All,

I am an Indian engineer currently working in UK in Tier 1 General category. I was working on Work Permit before. I can apply for indefinite leave to remain on September.

Unfortunately I am made redundant at the end of this month. SET(O) form says that I have to be “economically activeâ€
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu May 21, 2009 3:03 pm

Yes. Try to maintain cash inflow somehow till september.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Thu May 21, 2009 5:15 pm

[quote="chetanojha"]Yes. Try to maintain cash inflow somehow till september.

regards,
push

SarithaSVarma
Newly Registered

Post by SarithaSVarma » Fri May 22, 2009 8:58 am

[quote="push_hsmp"][quote="chetanojha"]Yes. Try to maintain cash inflow somehow till september.

ejobs_01

Post by ejobs_01 » Tue May 26, 2009 10:21 pm

[/quote] Well you could have a loss making sole trader entity too[/quote]

Thanks for your help everyone. Does any one know how I can start a sole trader entity? What trade can I do in it?[/quote]

Hi Saritha,

Did you get any further update on this?

Regards,

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue May 26, 2009 11:04 pm

If you search for sole trader - Google will throw a number of useful web links. You can provide any kind of services to your clients as a sole trader - providing consultancy/design/management/accounting/legal etc. (provided you are qualified to do so). Being economically active does not necessarily mean that you have to have a profit making business.
regards,
push

ejobs_01

Post by ejobs_01 » Wed May 27, 2009 12:07 am

push_hsmp wrote:If you search for sole trader - Google will throw a number of useful web links. You can provide any kind of services to your clients as a sole trader - providing consultancy/design/management/accounting/legal etc. (provided you are qualified to do so). Being economically active does not necessarily mean that you have to have a profit making business.
Thanks for the info, Push_hsmp.

Regards,