ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help regarding maintainance funds

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Hopefull123
Newly Registered

Help regarding maintainance funds

Post by Hopefull123 » Tue May 26, 2009 6:03 am

Can anyone kindly clarify the following points about applying for student visa under tier 4 of the points-based system.

Could you please let me know whether the maintance money that needs to be shown can be maintained in multiple accounts? Can multiple bank statements be shown as proof for maintainance fund for the same period?

For married students,Will money in joint account held with parents and parents-in law be accepted as proof of maintanance fund?

ideal7860
Newly Registered

Post by ideal7860 » Wed May 27, 2009 4:25 am

Total points are 40 and you get/ need fully 40 points to obtain your student visa. 30 points admission letter, 10 points maintance fund etc.

ya, the bank statement accepts jointly. whether your parents, spouse or anybody else.
But rememberyour name (in bank statement) must mentioned whether it is a joint account or single.

best of luck

jr242
Newly Registered

Post by jr242 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:14 am

I was awarded a studentship which value is greater than the required for me and my wife, but I also have the money in order to cover my wife maintainance. Is it better to send a bank statement together with the official sponsor letter ?