ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

non-EU on student visa to marry bulgarian

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

natasapmk
Newly Registered

non-EU on student visa to marry bulgarian

Post by natasapmk » Tue May 26, 2009 4:43 pm

Hi,
I am from a non-EU country and I have been in UK for 7years on a Student visa as I study ACCA. I have just extended my visa for one more year until 28/02/2010. I am about to marry my partner who is from Bulgarija.During his previous stay in UK he has gained a NVQ3 in Catering industry.Which would be the best way for as to settle down here in UK? If he enrol to another course can he get a blue card based on the fact that we are bouth students so he can work free in the industry? Or does he have to register as a self-employed in order to work?
Many thanks

petkanov

the only way

Post by petkanov » Wed May 27, 2009 9:31 am

the only way really to do it is:

then apply for yellow student registration certificate whcih allows 20 hour employment per week.

after a year of part time employment and study, submit payslips and get blue registration certificate.

as for you as a non EU national, you can get your residency on form BR5

NiyaVatkova
Newly Registered

Post by NiyaVatkova » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:50 pm

petkanov is right, but that requires your partner to attend a full time course which means 20 hours per week authorised work during the terms and unrestricted work during vacation time.
Alternatively he can get self-employed and start working straight away without restrictions. In this case of course he has to work on a freelance basis and not take up employment with one company.