ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR ELIGIBILITY

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

first_sur
Newly Registered

ILR ELIGIBILITY

Post by first_sur » Wed May 27, 2009 12:01 pm

I will complete my 5 years on 12 Oct 2009 and as I understand I can apply for ILR 28 days before i.e. after 15th September 2009.
But somebody in a similar situation as I am, went to apply for ILR and was told that he needs to apply for Tier2 first and then only he can apply for ILR as one should have at least 12 months remaining on limited leave before applying for ILR.
Can you please let me know whether I have to switch to Tier2 before applying for ILR after completing 5 years as my visa is till 12 Oct 2009(the date when I will complete 5 years)?

I am on Work Permit Visa which will expire on 12 Oct 2009
Last edited by first_sur on Wed May 27, 2009 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Wed May 27, 2009 12:10 pm

what visa are you currently on?
'In everything give thanks'

first_sur
Newly Registered

Post by first_sur » Wed May 27, 2009 12:41 pm

To add further, I am on Work Permit Visa which will expire on 12 Oct 2009.

nksg

Re: ILR ELIGIBILITY

Post by nksg » Wed May 27, 2009 3:17 pm

Thats a news!! did your friend actually get this reply from PEO?? or UKBA?

As per the rules you can apply for ILR within 28 days of your completion of the threshold period. Only thing is you should have valid visa at the time of application. I know many cases like you who got ILR approved. In some cased LTR expired on the day of application(in person).

So all the best and start preparing for Life in Uk test.
first_sur wrote:I will complete my 5 years on 12 Oct 2009 and as I understand I can apply for ILR 28 days before i.e. after 15th September 2009.
But somebody in a similar situation as I am, went to apply for ILR and was told that he needs to apply for Tier2 first and then only he can apply for ILR as one should have at least 12 months remaining on limited leave before applying for ILR.
Can you please let me know whether I have to switch to Tier2 before applying for ILR after completing 5 years as my visa is till 12 Oct 2009(the date when I will complete 5 years)?

I am on Work Permit Visa which will expire on 12 Oct 2009

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: ILR ELIGIBILITY

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri May 29, 2009 2:12 pm

This is not correct.
first_sur wrote:But somebody in a similar situation as I am, went to apply for ILR and was told that he needs to apply for Tier2 first and then only he can apply for ILR as one should have at least 12 months remaining on limited leave before applying for ILR.