ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea2 wait

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Eric-Poole

Prisonner in the UK

Post by Eric-Poole » Sun May 24, 2009 10:25 am

Flightlesskiwi used a really good word "prisoner". Yes the Home Office is virtually making thousands of people prisoner in this country due to their sheer incompetence.

This is clearly unacceptable, and unfortunately I have seen many people simply accepting the fact that it may take over a year to process their application. I know that there is always the concern that your application could be refused, but if your are meeting the requirement of of EU Directive/2004/38/EC you have a right of residency by law. The only solution is to start vehemently complaining as soon as the 6 month deadline is missed. Once the UKBA will be overwhelmed with complaint letters (that they will have to process eventually), somebody will point out that too much time is being spend dealing with complaint and it would be much more efficient to get things done right at source ... Until people are stopping closing a blind eye and accepting their fate, unfortunately very little will change ...

Cheers. Eric

HQZ
Newly Registered

Post by HQZ » Mon May 25, 2009 11:25 am

HELLO ALL
IS THE EEA2 APPLICABLE IF MY WIFE IS BRITISH?
ANYBODY IN THE SAME SITUATION?
THANKS

Eric-Poole

EEA2

Post by Eric-Poole » Mon May 25, 2009 12:10 pm

No, applications for spouse of British Citizen go through a different system. EEA2 only apply to spouse of EU immigrants in the UK.

Cheers, Eric

pdykid

Post by pdykid » Mon May 25, 2009 8:45 pm

Hi FlightlessKiwi,

Why don't you send a simple complaint to HO now, instead waiting for 6month to complete. Just try your luck... just a mail, nothing will cost you.

In mail do Mention your passport number, full name, date of birth and nationality. If you know your HO ref number.

All the best...

k71egm
Newly Registered

Post by k71egm » Mon May 25, 2009 9:02 pm

us221 wrote:Hi all,

I went through the worrying time of waiting for EEA2 visa myself, and reading the related threads on this forum and other similar forums helped me to understand the situation better - so I thought I would share the timeline of my application with you:
- 20th Sep 08: Sent out the application
- 24 Sep 08: UKBA in Liverpool returned some of the supporting documents (they kept essential ones)
- 25th Sep 08: Received Certificate of Application
- Heard nothing for 7 months
- 27th Apr 09: Registered a complaint with North West Customer Service Unit both via email and post, also sent an email to the local MP to ask for help
- 28th April 09: Received a letter from UKBA that expressed their apologies for the delay and notified me that my application is allocated to a caseworker with the case ID
- 7th May 09: My local MP sent a letter of enquiry to Liverpool
- 14th May 09: Received my passport with the residence card on (the cover letter says the decision on my application was made on 30th April 09)

So, in total, it took 7 months and 10 days for my case to be approved. The PA of my local MP said that, when she talked to UKBA in Liverpool, she was told that the processing time has become 10 to 12 months for EEA2 applications (because of removing foreign national prisoners), so I was really surprised to receive my passport and Residence Card after 7 months and 10 days.

My experience is a little different from some of you guys on the thread (for example, I received CoA only 5 days after I posted the application, and I was not asked to submit any extra supporting documents), but if I can be of any help for you who are spending stressful time waiting, I would be happy to – questions or requests to share my complaints letter, for example. Let me know.

One last thing - I didn't use a solicitor for my application.

kind regards
Hi us221,

thanks for your more than friendly offer to help - we are in the same situation as everybody else in the forum. We sent my wife's EEA2 application more than 6 months ago. I understand it is time to start filing a complaint now. For that matter, it would be of great help if you could share your complaints letter with us. My email address is k71egm@yahoo.com.
Your help will be appreciated.

Congrats to everybody who got their EEA2 visa!!!

FlightlessKiwi
Newly Registered

Post by FlightlessKiwi » Mon May 25, 2009 10:27 pm

Thanks for your thoughts pdykid. You're so right....why wait. I've just fired off a cold but firm email of complaint to the HO. If nothing else I feel a lot happier for having done it. We'll just see now what they come back with.

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Tue May 26, 2009 12:02 am

k71egm wrote:
us221 wrote:Hi all,

I went through the worrying time of waiting for EEA2 visa myself, and reading the related threads on this forum and other similar forums helped me to understand the situation better - so I thought I would share the timeline of my application with you:
- 20th Sep 08: Sent out the application
- 24 Sep 08: UKBA in Liverpool returned some of the supporting documents (they kept essential ones)
- 25th Sep 08: Received Certificate of Application
- Heard nothing for 7 months
- 27th Apr 09: Registered a complaint with North West Customer Service Unit both via email and post, also sent an email to the local MP to ask for help
- 28th April 09: Received a letter from UKBA that expressed their apologies for the delay and notified me that my application is allocated to a caseworker with the case ID
- 7th May 09: My local MP sent a letter of enquiry to Liverpool
- 14th May 09: Received my passport with the residence card on (the cover letter says the decision on my application was made on 30th April 09)

So, in total, it took 7 months and 10 days for my case to be approved. The PA of my local MP said that, when she talked to UKBA in Liverpool, she was told that the processing time has become 10 to 12 months for EEA2 applications (because of removing foreign national prisoners), so I was really surprised to receive my passport and Residence Card after 7 months and 10 days.

My experience is a little different from some of you guys on the thread (for example, I received CoA only 5 days after I posted the application, and I was not asked to submit any extra supporting documents), but if I can be of any help for you who are spending stressful time waiting, I would be happy to – questions or requests to share my complaints letter, for example. Let me know.

One last thing - I didn't use a solicitor for my application.

kind regards
Hi us221,

thanks for your more than friendly offer to help - we are in the same situation as everybody else in the forum. We sent my wife's EEA2 application more than 6 months ago. I understand it is time to start filing a complaint now. For that matter, it would be of great help if you could share your complaints letter with us. My email address is k71egm@yahoo.com.
Your help will be appreciated.

Congrats to everybody who got their EEA2 visa!!!
I have complained again. Let see how long it takes to get any answer.
KESH

aussiegirl

Reentering UK with expired family permit - it is possible

Post by aussiegirl » Wed May 27, 2009 4:49 pm

Hi everyone,

I think there were a few messages back on this topic about reentering the UK with an expired Family Permit, including one message stating that he/she had a very hard time getting back in. So I thought I'd share my experiences.

I came back across the border yesterday with my (unmarried) EEA partner after a short holiday abroad. My FP expired in April, and RC application is under consideration. I made a feeble attempt to get the FP renewed at a British consulate abroad, knowing that this would be next to impossible to get done in two days.

I went back in at Heathrow armed with a file of documents proving my right to entry into the UK. I explained the situation (i.e., six months delay on RC application), and the border agent was extremely helpful. They asked for correspondence from the Home Office, and I gave them my CoA, and two recent letters responding to my complaints over excessive processing times. I had an entire file of correspondence, payslips, addressed mail etc etc with me, but they were not interested; only interested in Home Office correspondence. The agent actually suggested next time I come back in, DON'T bring the huge scary file, just bring the letters.

My passport was stamped with a 'single entry' valid for 6 months. I have to travel twice again in the next few weeks, including one trip without my partner. Two separate border agents assured me that with the existing stamp, explanation and letters from Home Office, I should have no problem reentering the UK with an expired Family Permit and RC application in process.

I cannot begin to express the intense relief that I felt being let past the barrier. I honestly thought I'd be spending the next couple of weeks somewhere on 'the continent' waiting for a new family permit.

So, it is possible to reenter with an expired FP. But, best to do it armed with recent documents from HO, and preferably, with your partner.

aussiegirl

And another thing

Post by aussiegirl » Wed May 27, 2009 5:02 pm

The last time I called the Home Office, I called several numbers dozens of times before finally being placed in a queue (the wrong queue, as it turned out). I asked the operator how many lines the EEA section had, and she replied that she couldn't be sure, but she thought they had about 10 phone lines. TEN!!! No wonder no one can get through. I feel sorry for the phone operators - they've generally been very nice, apologetic and as helpful as possible in the circumstances.

aluko401
Newly Registered

aussiegirl,

Post by aluko401 » Thu May 28, 2009 2:26 am

could u pls post the email address u sent ur complain to. i have tried severally to call these guys but it is almost impossible to get them nowadays. i can't even change my address and my application has been with them since oct.08.
cheers

caseman
Newly Registered

Post by caseman » Thu May 28, 2009 9:35 am

Aussiegirl - thank you very much for that account of your experience at immigration with expired FP. I will be in same position next month coming back into heathrow but without my wife. I am Australian too.

I plan to have certificate of application, my wife's original ID, certified copy of my wife's passport, my passport of course with expired FP, flight details of my wife's return to the UK also a few days later and perhaps some payslips and proof of residence with my wife in UK (eg. bills). I have not made any complaints yet as the 6 months is not up so the only HO correspondence I will have is the certificate of application for the RC. Hopefully that will be ok?

pdykid

Post by pdykid » Thu May 28, 2009 9:53 am

Aluko401

All Complaint to NWCSU@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

How to ask HO to return your passport:

If your expected date of travel is more than 10 days in the future, you must email your request to LiverpoolEuro.PassportReturns@UKBA.gsi.gov.uk.
This is a dedicated email address that has been set up specially for non-urgent returns of passports.

For emergency travel
Call this number 0845 010 5200

reda
Member of Standing

Post by reda » Thu May 28, 2009 10:08 am

thanks for your letter aussiegirl,it's very kind of you,i thought you forgot me!.
it passed more than 2 weeks where the things changed little bit for me,the last time i called the HO (yesterday) they said the decision is made and your case is in the final stage waitting for stamp RC and your passport will be with you in 3 weeks time.
i think is preferable for me waiting this periode... may be i got my RC soon!!!

patience pay

tingalin
Newly Registered

Post by tingalin » Thu May 28, 2009 3:23 pm

Hello Everyone,

My EEA2 Application was made on October 3rd, 2008, and it is coming up to 8 months now.

I have been following the threads on EEA2 for some months. I finally decided to stop waiting and hoping to get a response from the Home Office and complained via email to NWCSU@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk on 22nd May, 2009.

I received a reply in the post just now (28th May, 2009, I was about to fire off another complaint via post today :) ) and the letter was dated 25th May, 2009, that 'your application will now be allocated to a caseworker for action and they will contact you should they need further information/ documentation'.

The moving of the European casework from Croydon to Liverpool and isssues with removing Foreign Prisons were given as key reasons for the delays.

It pays to complain so when the 6 months is up, just do not sit still like I did before.

KP

Gerkema

Post by Gerkema » Thu May 28, 2009 3:29 pm

The 6 months period of my wife's EEA2 application will end on 3 June 2009. Of course we havent heard anything from the HO so far except a CoA in February.

She is flying to Russia on June 18 for family visit where I will join her about a month later and after having spent the vacation in Russia, we plan on flying back to the UK in September.

Should we start complaining immediately on June 4? I dont think the HO will issue us an EEA2 before June 18 and if they read our complaint, they may get angry with us so that my wife's new EEAFP that she is going to apply for in June, will be denied.

Any suggestions?

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Thu May 28, 2009 3:49 pm

Gerkema wrote:Should we start complaining immediately on June 4? I dont think the HO will issue us an EEA2 before June 18 and if they read our complaint, they may get angry with us so that my wife's new EEAFP that she is going to apply for in June, will be denied.
Your complaint cannot be a legal basis for a refusal. I suggest to start the complaint process today by an email at least as a 'friendly' reminder. There are only 3 working days left anyway before the deadline.

Gerkema

Post by Gerkema » Thu May 28, 2009 4:52 pm

86ti wrote: Your complaint cannot be a legal basis for a refusal. I suggest to start the complaint process today by an email at least as a 'friendly' reminder. There are only 3 working days left anyway before the deadline.
Thanks. You are right, but I am getting a bit scared every now and then being dependent on civil servants... Anyway, have just sent a reminder asking to issue the permit next week. Don't expect an answer, but at least I have done all I can do so far.

Given the slow processing in general I don't expect her to get the permit before her flight, but I do hope that when we return there will be some mail asking for the original passports.

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Fri May 29, 2009 12:16 am

reda wrote:thanks for your letter aussiegirl,it's very kind of you,i thought you forgot me!.
it passed more than 2 weeks where the things changed little bit for me,the last time i called the HO (yesterday) they said the decision is made and your case is in the final stage waitting for stamp RC and your passport will be with you in 3 weeks time.
i think is preferable for me waiting this periode... may be i got my RC soon!!!

patience pay
Hi Reda,

Sorry for being pain but could you kindly share what number you use to call Home Office and what option did you select. As most the time they let you wait for long and at the end you do not get any response.
KESH

reda
Member of Standing

Post by reda » Fri May 29, 2009 7:11 am

kesh wrote

Hi Reda,

Sorry for being pain but could you kindly share what number you use to call Home Office and what option did you select. As most the time they let you wait for long and at the end you do not get any response.
dial the number when you hear the voice press 2, when you hear voice again press 3 ,then when you hear voice again press 2(you don't need to hear what she said just the first word press)
as you press these numbers 2,3,2 you sellect general enquiry there you can ask about your application progress

i hope it will work for you!!

cu[/b]

aussiegirl

Hopefully resolved!

Post by aussiegirl » Fri May 29, 2009 9:41 am

Congrats Reda on what looks like success - hope your case is resolved in the affirmative soon and you get your RC!

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Fri May 29, 2009 6:43 pm

reda wrote:
kesh wrote

Hi Reda,

dial the number when you hear the voice press 2, when you hear voice again press 3 ,then when you hear voice again press 2(you don't need to hear what she said just the first word press)
as you press these numbers 2,3,2 you sellect general enquiry there you can ask about your application progress

i hope it will work for you!!

cu[/b]
Reda, Thanks very much for the number. After couple of attempts I got hold of some one. And the guy on other end said things done on their side and should hear some thing very soon from them. He never gave me any outcome. What do you think about this statement? And from now how long it will take to recieve any correspondene from them? Just want to work out time scale. Many thanks.
KESH

reda
Member of Standing

Post by reda » Sat May 30, 2009 6:55 am

[
kesh wrote]
Reda, Thanks very much for the number. After couple of attempts I got hold of some one. And the guy on other end said things done on their side and should hear some thing very soon from them. He never gave me any outcome. What do you think about this statement? And from now how long it will take to recieve any correspondene from them? Just want to work out time scale. Many thanks.
generaly they ask about fresh pay-slip but not in my case,if they ask you that, sure you will have lettre from them 2-3 days
for me they said 2-3 weeks for i get my passport back.
what i suggest to you if you don't receive something from them in 3 day time call them again and try to dig more because they won't tell you what you didn't ask, for example ask if they need further document(pay-slips)or if the dicission is made.

cu

ilaya_1981
Newly Registered

eea2 wait

Post by ilaya_1981 » Sun May 31, 2009 8:53 pm

Hi Guys,

I am very new to this forum..i really kicked my head for missing this forum for such a long time..ok i am also one of the prisoner(as we see ourself) with HO. I have applied for my EEA2 application on July 1st 2008 and i received my COA end of august 2008 that's it, whenever i use to call the homeoffice they use to say my application is under consideration with the case worker and in the recent past i can't speak to anyone as the phone automatically disconnects saying all the agents are busy at the moment..

After seeing this forum i have really got the confidence now i have straight away sent a complaint email to NWSC as mentioned in the previous messages on the forum.

please provide me some suggestion how do i need to proceed and moreover my wife is a French National and she isn't working but she is studying and thankfully i am working to support the family...will there be an issue if my wife isn't working ?? as i said earlier she is undergoing a ESOL course with Birmingham City council...

Please provide your advise..

Thank you
:wink:

mi4a
Newly Registered

Legalised copy of passport

Post by mi4a » Sun May 31, 2009 11:44 pm

Hello everyone!

I need your advice:

I know in the past people were submitting legalized copy of the passport with EEA2 application, stating in the cover letter that they have to travel.

now I've heard from a solicitor, that starting from 1st June 2009 UKBA will not accept applications with just legalized copies, they will reject immediately such applications. I've made some research on the internet, but couldn't find such news on UKBA and any other source.

Can someone confirm if it's true or not?
If this is true, people who need to travel for job will be in serious trouble.

Thanks

mi4a
Newly Registered

Please share your complaint materials

Post by mi4a » Sun May 31, 2009 11:47 pm

One more request:

I would appreciate if you could share your complaint letters and emails as a sample. my email is mi4amia@gmail.com

Thanks