ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Airport checks on landing the Heathrow

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

deepakag123
Newly Registered

Airport checks on landing the Heathrow

Post by deepakag123 » Mon May 25, 2009 12:57 pm

Hi,

I know this question has been discussed before, however if somebody has recently travelled to the UK with wife on a Tier 1 visa, could they throw some light on what all checks are being made at the airport?

I was thinking to carry the following docs in my hand baggage :

1. XRay reports of myself and my spouse.
2. Bank statements - last 3 months
3. Accomodation proof
4. Passport and visa of course.

Please feel free to add more to this list.

Thanks in Advance,

Deepak

ganeshptrk

Post by ganeshptrk » Mon May 25, 2009 4:25 pm

From my own experiences.
1. Recommended. You may carry XRay reports if you have one.
2. Bank statements not required.
3. No need for accomodation proof. But you should mention where you are staying in U.K, in landing card.
4. Passport mandatory.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Airport checks on landing the Heathrow

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon May 25, 2009 5:40 pm

Keep you accomodation details handy and also contact no. of the person you are staying with. I don't think it is asked from everyone but you never know.
deepakag123 wrote:Hi,

I know this question has been discussed before, however if somebody has recently travelled to the UK with wife on a Tier 1 visa, could they throw some light on what all checks are being made at the airport?

I was thinking to carry the following docs in my hand baggage :

1. XRay reports of myself and my spouse.
2. Bank statements - last 3 months
3. Accomodation proof
4. Passport and visa of course.

Please feel free to add more to this list.

Thanks in Advance,

Deepak

samsung

Post by samsung » Mon May 25, 2009 8:18 pm

Guys,

What x-ray are we talking in here.
Do we need to get the chest x-ray done, and how old the medical report can be. I mean how many days before do we need to get the x-ray thing done...Pls advice..

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon May 25, 2009 10:23 pm

samsung wrote:Guys,

What x-ray are we talking in here.
Do we need to get the chest x-ray done, and how old the medical report can be. I mean how many days before do we need to get the x-ray thing done...Pls advice..
Chest x-ray report; Should be pretty recent but in no case older than 6 months.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

jagbir
Newly Registered

Post by jagbir » Tue May 26, 2009 12:36 pm

I would recommend that you keep all the documentaion that you used to get your HSMP approval and EC handy just in case you might need to show any of it. Thats what I had done, although the immigration lady only asked me about where I was going to stay and whether or not if I already had a job (which I did - I had received the job offer while I was still in India and I had filled in my employers details in the landing card).

Regarding the X-ray, don't worry about it. If you have a recent chest xray its good, if not that allright too. They will do the xray at Heathrow itself and it doesn't take more than 10-15 minutes. My xray was done at Heathrow,

inputsOnHSMP

Post by inputsOnHSMP » Tue May 26, 2009 9:36 pm

You don't need to get xray done from your native country. You might be able to get away with it.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue May 26, 2009 10:16 pm

inputsOnHSMP wrote:You don't need to get xray done from your native country. You might be able to get away with it.
There is nothing like "get away with". If you come from a country which UK Govt. believes has Tuber Culosis as an endemic disease it is compulsory for you to either provide a proof that you are not infected or if infected you are taking medicines (& are not a carrier any more). You can get an X-ray report yourself or you need to get it done at the airport hich at times is very time consuming.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

deepakag123
Newly Registered

Post by deepakag123 » Thu May 28, 2009 5:53 am

Thanks guys,

Deepak

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Thu May 28, 2009 2:01 pm

push_hsmp wrote:
inputsOnHSMP wrote:You don't need to get xray done from your native country. You might be able to get away with it.
There is nothing like "get away with". If you come from a country which UK Govt. believes has Tuber Culosis as an endemic disease it is compulsory for you to either provide a proof that you are not infected or if infected you are taking medicines (& are not a carrier any more). You can get an X-ray report yourself or you need to get it done at the airport hich at times is very time consuming.
Even I had thought that there is nothing like "get away"...but when my wife came here last year on dependent HSMP, she was not asked to produce Xray nor did they take one in the airport. I found it strange though. Has any one else had the same experience? or is dependents spared from this??

Cheers
Vikram

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu May 28, 2009 2:06 pm

I had similar experience. Neither I nor my wife was asked to produce x-ray at airport nor they did on airport. I have seen lot of cases. This is quite normal.
Even I had thought that there is nothing like "get away"...but when my wife came here last year on dependent HSMP, she was not asked to produce Xray nor did they take one in the airport. I found it strange though. Has any one else had the same experience? or is dependents spared from this??

Cheers
Vikram

VK82

Post by VK82 » Thu May 28, 2009 2:48 pm

Well this again depends on the immigration officer, they might ask for it or might not and one might get away with it. I wasnt asked for x ray as well.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu May 28, 2009 2:51 pm

I would say it is more of a random check. If you have X-ray its fine if not they will do it for you. The only problem is it may take long time to do X-ray at airport depending on the time/day you travel.

deepakag123
Newly Registered

Post by deepakag123 » Fri May 29, 2009 7:27 am

Just wanted to add my case as well here .Last year when I landed Heathrow,I was not asked for any report , however, when my wife had joined me a month later, she was asked either to get her X-ray done at the airport or to produce her report( if she had one with her). Hence it is always safe to carry the x-ray report with you, you may never know if it can be asked or not, depends purely on the immigration officer.