ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 General Form (version 04/09) doubt on some sections

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MVaibhav
Newly Registered

Tier-1 General Form (version 04/09) doubt on some sections

Post by MVaibhav » Thu May 28, 2009 12:52 pm

I have got a few small doubts about some sections in the latest version of the tier-1 form (version 04/09). I wonder if guys here can please clarify these.

Page 11, B10/B11: Home office Reference Number / Worker Reference number

what are these two ? I could find some reference number on my previous WorkPermit letter, but that does not say if this is "Home office Reference Number" OR "Worker Reference number".

Page 13, Q B24: Has the applicant ever lived in Northern Ireland?
As I have never lived in Northern Ireland, so I muct answer "NO" and go to part C.

My query is about the B26/B27/B28 questions. These 3 questions don't seem to be related to living in the Northern Ireland. These are general questions and in fact the previosu version of the form (Version 03/09) had these question outside the Northran Ireland section. Could there be mistakes in the form ? If I fill this section (or don't fill) will this impact my application in anyway ?

Page 18/19: C9: ICFN

The exact words on the form are: "Please give details of the applicant’s Identity Card for Foreign Nationals. Please note for the application to be valid and complete the applicant’s current Identity Card for Foreign Nationals must be provided, unless it is not available for one of the reasons specified on the application form."

Now I understand that ICFN is not actually required by everyone and as I am providing the Passport, it is not required to provide ICFN details, however, They always explicitly tell the sections which need to be skipped basd on previous answers. This section does not have any such directive.

They should have one more choice provided in the column justifying why someone is not enclosing the ICFN. I am leaving this section blank, and hope that things will be fine and the case worker is not picky about the same.

:)

any comments ?

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Tier-1 General Form (version 04/09) doubt on some sectio

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu May 28, 2009 2:49 pm

Page 11, B10/B11: Home office Reference Number / Worker Reference number
This is the reference no. on your visa/work permit. I didn'tn have WP copy with me so I put no. mentioned on the top-right corner of your visa/Wp stamp. Got extension.

what are these two ? I could find some reference number on my previous WorkPermit letter, but that does not say if this is "Home office Reference Number" OR "Worker Reference number".
On your work permit, it is mentioned as "Our" i.e. HO reference no. You can use that no. here.

Page 13, Q B24: Has the applicant ever lived in Northern Ireland?
As I have never lived in Northern Ireland, so I muct answer "NO" and go to part C.

My query is about the B26/B27/B28 questions. These 3 questions don't seem to be related to living in the Northern Ireland. These are general questions and in fact the previosu version of the form (Version 03/09) had these question outside the Northran Ireland section. Could there be mistakes in the form ? If I fill this section (or don't fill) will this impact my application in anyway ?
Just say NO to Northern Ireland and move to section where form takes you.

Page 18/19: C9: ICFN

The exact words on the form are: "Please give details of the applicant’s Identity Card for Foreign Nationals. Please note for the application to be valid and complete the applicant’s current Identity Card for Foreign Nationals must be provided, unless it is not available for one of the reasons specified on the application form."

Now I understand that ICFN is not actually required by everyone and as I am providing the Passport, it is not required to provide ICFN details, however, They always explicitly tell the sections which need to be skipped basd on previous answers. This section does not have any such directive.

They should have one more choice provided in the column justifying why someone is not enclosing the ICFN. I am leaving this section blank, and hope that things will be fine and the case worker is not picky about the same.
ICFN is issue to the people who are entering into UK for the first time. One colleague of me inquire about this with HO (during his extension) and was told that people who are already in UK under WP/HSMP scheme doesn't have to provide ICFN. Just metion that you are not issued ICFN no.

achintk
Newly Registered

Post by achintk » Thu May 28, 2009 2:55 pm

One correction here, I checked with HO and you need to fill sections B26/B27/B28 as that information is mandatory. There is a typo in the form.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu May 28, 2009 2:57 pm

Interesting. HO should correct the form asap then or accept the form if people use it.
achintk wrote:One correction here, I checked with HO and you need to fill sections B26/B27/B28 as that information is mandatory. There is a typo in the form.

achintk
Newly Registered

Post by achintk » Thu May 28, 2009 2:58 pm

You are right, but you know how efficient they are ;-)

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu May 28, 2009 3:47 pm

True.
achintk wrote:You are right, but you know how efficient they are ;-)

MVaibhav
Newly Registered

Post by MVaibhav » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:50 am

Section B15-B17 : Address in last 2 years.

I have stayed in 3 different hotels for a duration of 15 days when I came to UK and this duration falls in the last 2 years. Are they expecting me to fill the hotel addresses as well for these 15 days ?

Any advise ?