ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need URGENT HELP please "COLLEGE NOT CONDUCTING CLASS

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

iftiyes
Newly Registered

Need URGENT HELP please "COLLEGE NOT CONDUCTING CLASS

Post by iftiyes » Thu May 28, 2009 4:03 pm

Hi everybody, i am new here in the UK, just came few days back, BUT the problem is the college where i am enrolled looks dodgy to me, they are not holding any classes at all, and there are no more than few students in an active class (not my class, but they do have one lecture going on with 4-8 students in the class most of the times), now i am totally confused about what options i have got and what i should do?

Being new I am scared as well to do anything, anybody here please advise me what should i do in this situation.

i would really be greatfull to you guys.

thanks,

ifti

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Fri May 29, 2009 12:26 pm

It's very disturbing that there are still bogus colleges around which are able to sponsor visas.

The obvious thing to do is to find another genuine college offering a suitable course as soon as possible. When you've got yourself enrolled, write to UKBA and inform them about the original college. Have you asked for a refund?

But there is something slightly strange - I thought most academic courses run from September. What sort of a course is it that you've just arrived to start in May?

iftiyes
Newly Registered

Post by iftiyes » Sat May 30, 2009 12:12 pm

thanks you very much for your reply to my post,
I WAS ENROLLED IN "CAT" Certified Accounting Technician, infact my origional classes were due to start from 20th April, but due to delay in visa processing, i did not receive my passport untill mid May, so my college (same college as i mentioned above in main question) provided me with a letter saying that "make-up" classes can be provided to cope with the missed lessons by the exam times.

but infact not only makeup classes they are not offering any tution for the origional classes as well.

i am really scared, most of my friends are telling me very scary things about UKBA, but the fact is i really want to get out of this situation without involving in any trouble, please advise what should i do? please please please

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sat May 30, 2009 2:12 pm

Just find a new course as soon as possible, and then get enrolment letters from your new college to send to UKBA. That way if the college ever gets in trouble it will be clear that you are in no way involved. There will be loads of colleges offering CAT courses. Please make sure that the college is on the DfES register:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... gister.pdf

If you have trouble getting your money back from the college, get help from your local council's trading standards officers.

You can also let UKBA know what the college is doing, and hopefully other students will not find themselves in your situation.

In any case, you are allowed to change your college.