ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

For all HSMP extension to tier 1(by PEO) in June..

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon May 18, 2009 10:07 pm

CSK wrote:push_hsmp

thanks, i dint have specific query except wanted to get some info from people so that we can share our experiences which may help or others.

one question probably, do we have to prepare a detailed cover letter for extension also showing the points calculation like what documents we submiting for what points etc?. I assume the pdf that we get from online points calc shd suffice?please share ur views?

Thanks in advance.
Well does not hurt if you had a detailed cover letter. Although your case is decided then and there, you do not get an opportunity to speak to the team which decides on your application. Having a cover letter might come handy in explaining a thing or two. My colleague is struggling with her bank statements as the transaction summary does not say salary from xxxx Bank.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

mavrick7
Newly Registered

Post by mavrick7 » Mon May 18, 2009 10:56 pm

Hi All

I am just wondering about applying in-peron at croydon. My current leave (HSMP) expires in august'09 and i have an appointment end of June for a tier 1 extn.

My question is if I am granted futher leave to remain under tier-1, will the visa start from the day i got it stamped or from the day my current visa xpires?

Look forward for your support on this.

CSK

Post by CSK » Tue May 19, 2009 8:52 am

push_hsmp ,

thanks for ur idea. i will get sometg sorted out for cover letter. Reg ur collegue, isnt it enough if she gets a letter from company stating that the salary credited during the last 1 year period on such n such dates were done by company etc?

mavrick7,

By goin through this forum we came to know that people get 3 years extn from the expiry date of hsmp visa , in your case you should get from august and not from the application date.

Prashanth_yadav

HSMP to Tier1

Post by Prashanth_yadav » Tue May 19, 2009 10:19 am

Hi CSK and others,

My HSMP visa is due to expire in Jan 2010, can I apply for early extension,
switch to Tier1 now?

I know you people are already bored of this question, but you answer would boost my confidence to go for early extension.

Cheers.

psdesai
BANNED

Re: HSMP to Tier1

Post by psdesai » Tue May 19, 2009 10:20 am

Yes you can as far as you get points.

all the best
Prashanth_yadav wrote:Hi CSK and others,

switch to Tier1 now?

I know you people are already bored of this question, but you answer would boost my confidence to go for early extension.

Cheers.

mghe

Post by mghe » Tue May 19, 2009 10:37 am

Just to add to what push_hsmp told,

My current employer has quite a long company name. The bank statements i get dont have the complete name only a part of the name followed my some numbers. I asked the bank to give a letter that confirms that these where salary credited from the company with its full name. They said No, and they dnt have control over the description on the bank statements. I thought that as far as the payslip net slary numbers and the credit amount in bank match it should be fine. Please advice if I was wrong as I am going for PEO in two weeks time. Do i need to do anything.

Prashanth_yadav

Post by Prashanth_yadav » Tue May 19, 2009 10:52 am

Thanks for a quick reply.
If I apply now, will I get extension from the day my visa expires or from the day I apply.

Please let me know.
[quote="psdesai"]Yes you can as far as you get points.

all the best

[quote="Prashanth_yadav"]Hi CSK and others,

switch to Tier1 now?

Cheers.[/quote][/quote]

psdesai
BANNED

Post by psdesai » Tue May 19, 2009 10:58 am

Most of the people I have heard got extension from the expiry so there is no sure ans. I am in the same boat as you

[quote="Prashanth_yadav"]Thanks for a quick reply.
If I apply now, will I get extension from the day my visa expires or from the day I apply.

rollie
Newly Registered

Appointment in last week of June at Liverpool

Post by rollie » Tue May 19, 2009 11:15 am

Hi,

I have an appointment as above for myself and 2 dependents.

Trying to compile all the information now.

My VISA expires in Sept 2009. When I booked the appointment, the person taking the call did mention that it was a bit early to get an extension and mentioned that the date would be from the date of the appointment which is different from what has been reported in this forum.
Has anyone any documentation on this?

I am planning for early extension as I work for a french base company and may have to travel to Europe for meetings in July. Would that be sufficient reason for early extension?

Thanks
Rollie

psdesai
BANNED

Re: Appointment in last week of June at Liverpool

Post by psdesai » Tue May 19, 2009 11:29 am

there is no formal document which says that if you apply early then you will get visa from the date of application. I think this is cunning way to turn down people who are applying early!
rollie wrote:Hi,

I have an appointment as above for myself and 2 dependents.

Trying to compile all the information now.

My VISA expires in Sept 2009. When I booked the appointment, the person taking the call did mention that it was a bit early to get an extension and mentioned that the date would be from the date of the appointment which is different from what has been reported in this forum.
Has anyone any documentation on this?

I am planning for early extension as I work for a french base company and may have to travel to Europe for meetings in July. Would that be sufficient reason for early extension?

Thanks
Rollie

Prashanth_yadav

Has anybody applied for an early extension

Post by Prashanth_yadav » Tue May 19, 2009 11:43 am

Hi all,

Has anybody successfully applied for an early extension?
If yes can you guys let me know if you were asked the reason?

Cheers,

CSK

Re: Has anybody applied for an early extension

Post by CSK » Tue May 19, 2009 7:02 pm

Prashanth_yadav wrote:Hi all,

Has anybody successfully applied for an early extension?
If yes can you guys let me know if you were asked the reason?

Cheers,
I am applying for early extension myselef, my visa is expiring on jan 2010 as well..I decided to go early since i have all the docs ready to give a go and hence have booked an appointment. Moreover there were more than 2/3 cases here who got extension for their visa(couldnt locate the thread) who had their visa expiry in feb 2010 and they got visa from feb for 3 years. so i think its good to go if you get enough points.

Even am keeping myself guessing about this and wil be great if i get through this..

Prashanth_yadav

HSMP Extension (to Tier1)

Post by Prashanth_yadav » Wed May 20, 2009 1:40 pm

Hi all,

tier-1-general-form.pdf

Is the above application form that has to used for HSMP Extension to Tier1

Thanks

CSK

Post by CSK » Thu May 21, 2009 7:00 pm

Prashanth_yadav,

yes thats right..

CSK

Post by CSK » Wed May 27, 2009 7:18 pm

Guys,

I maintain 800£ in my current account where my salary also gets credited every month. So is it good to show the same original bank statements as proof for both earnings and maintenance? or should i get a seperate statement covering 3 months for maintenance funds proof?

Btw, how is others preparing for appointments in first week of june?

Thanks....

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed May 27, 2009 8:29 pm

CSK wrote:Guys,

I maintain 800£ in my current account where my salary also gets credited every month. So is it good to show the same original bank statements as proof for both earnings and maintenance? or should i get a seperate statement covering 3 months for maintenance funds proof?

Btw, how is others preparing for appointments in first week of june?

Thanks....
Same is fine (& better as it makes things easier for the case worker)
regards,
push

CSK

Post by CSK » Wed May 27, 2009 10:31 pm

push_hsmp

thanks mate..more relieved now.

shinetk9
Newly Registered

I am also planning to apply by person

Post by shinetk9 » Thu May 28, 2009 5:32 pm

I am also planning to apply by person for my HSMP-TIER1 extension. But when I checked the HO website I found that The offices cannot consider your application if you are: applying for an extension of your visa on the highly skilled migrant programme can some one please advice me.

The offices cannot consider your application if you are:
 a person with exceptional leave to remain;
 a person with discretionary leave to remain or who has been given humanitarian protection;
 applying for permanent residence on the basis of 14 years' residence;
 applying for an extension of your visa on the highly skilled migrant programme;
 a business person, innovator, sole representative or investor;
 a seaman;
 a Gurkha; or
 an elderly dependant.

Prashanth_yadav

Re: I am also planning to apply by person

Post by Prashanth_yadav » Fri May 29, 2009 9:44 am

[quote="shinetk9"]I am also planning to apply by person for my HSMP-TIER1 extension. But when I checked the HO website I found that The offices cannot consider your application if you are: applying for an extension of your visa on the highly skilled migrant programme can some one please advice me.

The offices cannot consider your application if you are:
 a person with exceptional leave to remain;
 a person with discretionary leave to remain or who has been given humanitarian protection;
 applying for permanent residence on the basis of 14 years' residence;
 applying for an extension of your visa on the highly skilled migrant programme;
 a business person, innovator, sole representative or investor;
 a seaman;
 a Gurkha; or
 an elderly dependant.[/quote]

You are applying for HSMP-Tier1 and not for HSMP extension....
So, you can apply in person.

Many on this forum have done it in recent past.

Guys correct me if am wrong

shinetk9
Newly Registered

Post by shinetk9 » Fri May 29, 2009 4:14 pm

so u think i can apply by person..thats a good news...is there any one who is Successful...?

PinkFloyd

Post by PinkFloyd » Sat May 30, 2009 2:59 pm

I booked my appointment for tier 1 extension at Croydon for 9:00 slot on June 25, 2009.

I trying to reach the PEO centre on 0870 606 7766 but getting a weird message saying that all operators are busy and hang up and try again. This is happening for past couple of days , no matter at what time I call. I can't figure out why placing the call in queue idea has been dumped for call again. This is proving to be much more expensive for me than being on hold for 5minutes or so. Anyone else facing it too?

I am trying to confirm the timing as I am not confident that I heard it right the first time. Maybe too stunned to believe my luck that I got it in first go. :-)

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat May 30, 2009 4:07 pm

PinkFloyd wrote:I booked my appointment for tier 1 extension at Croydon for 9:00 slot on June 25, 2009.

I trying to reach the PEO centre on 0870 606 7766 but getting a weird message saying that all operators are busy and hang up and try again. This is happening for past couple of days , no matter at what time I call. I can't figure out why placing the call in queue idea has been dumped for call again. This is proving to be much more expensive for me than being on hold for 5minutes or so. Anyone else facing it too?

I am trying to confirm the timing as I am not confident that I heard it right the first time. Maybe too stunned to believe my luck that I got it in first go. :-)
Mate keep trying - as usual, start at 2/3 minutes to 9 and you should get through.
regards,
push

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat May 30, 2009 4:09 pm

shinetk9 wrote:so u think i can apply by person..thats a good news...is there any one who is Successful...?
Yes you can. Read a thread called something like "In person applications at PEO experience" - there are a number of success stories + good overview of what to expect once at PEO
Last edited by push on Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
regards,
push

khubs

CAN WE TAKE A FRIEND WITH US FOR PEO APPOINT.

Post by khubs » Sat May 30, 2009 9:57 pm

hI,

I have my appointment at croydon -peo and was wondering if one of my mates could accompany me? is there any reception/guest area...

Is this allowed.

PPL. who have visited croydon-PEO -pls advice.

thnx
cheers

khubs

hi-pls. share your experiences...

Post by khubs » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:53 pm

Hi,

ppl. WHO HAVE BEEN FOR IN-PERSON peo appointments , pls. share your views.....if i could take one of my friends for my scheduled appointment at croydon.

thnx