ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BANK STATEMENTS

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

benjy
Newly Registered

BANK STATEMENTS

Post by benjy » Thu May 21, 2009 7:37 pm

Hi All,

My wife is going for her ILR in June form set (M).

I know we need to supply 3 months bank statements but mine come every 3 months in the post. So my last lot was feb to april.
Can i just give the last 3 statements or do i need to give all statements uptill June?
Can someone explain please.

Cheers.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri May 22, 2009 11:42 am

You can send what you've got.Its not a requirement that you send up to date bank statements

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Fri May 22, 2009 12:28 pm

I would send up to date statements, you can get up to date ones from your bank just ask them.
Magsi

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri May 22, 2009 12:55 pm

I would send up to date statements, you can get up to date ones from your bank just ask them.
Some banks wont give you statements like the one's you recieve in post over the counter. They will normally print them out out headed paper just showing you last few statements and balance . Those are alright if you want to show them as up to date balance of your account, but they will not do for purposes that the OP requires them for.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Fri May 22, 2009 1:48 pm

batleykhan wrote:
Some banks wont give you statements like the one's you recieve in post over the counter. They will normally print them out out headed paper just showing you last few statements and balance . Those are alright if you want to show them as up to date balance of your account, but they will not do for purposes that the OP requires them for.
Agree with batleykhan! Benjy, just send up to whatever latest date you have. It is fine.

benjy
Newly Registered

Post by benjy » Sun May 24, 2009 11:11 am

Rozen wrote:
batleykhan wrote:
Agree with batleykhan! Benjy, just send up to whatever latest date you have. It is fine.
Thanks for the info, Im in a panic at the moment about this application. Im sure we will be ok though.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun May 24, 2009 12:30 pm

You will be ok mate.Dont worry to much about it.

benjy
Newly Registered

Post by benjy » Sun May 24, 2009 1:57 pm

batleykhan wrote:You will be ok mate.Dont worry to much about it.
I hope so mate, My wife has passed her life in the uk test, we have been living with my Mum for the last 2 years. I am British my wife is Thai.
My wife has a job here and has her NI number.
We have lots of letters to both of us at this address not so many in joint names.
We also have a Daughter and i am claiming child benefit for.
I am also employed full time.
We havent got any savings in the bank and i am borrowing the money to pay for the visa in June.
I mean who has savings if there on a low wage.
I am on the housing list is this going to be a problem?
Plus can i claim tax credits for me and my wife? will this affect her ILR?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun May 24, 2009 11:28 pm

I hope so mate, My wife has passed her life in the uk test, we have been living with my Mum for the last 2 years. I am British my wife is Thai.
We have lots of letters to both of us at this address not so many in joint names.
We havent got any savings in the bank and i am borrowing the money to pay for the visa in June.
Had you told us this before,I probally would have said, there might be a few concerns instead of dont worry about it mate.

I still think your wife will get it, as long as you have provided the neccesary docs to them.My only concern would be that you cant provide proof of any savings at all.

As far as claiming child benefit and tax credit for your wife, there is no problem as long as they are in your name and not your wifes.

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Mon May 25, 2009 1:23 pm

benjy wrote:
batleykhan wrote:You will be ok mate.Dont worry to much about it.
This is a link to a UKBA document which explains what does and doesn't count as public funds:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... cfunds.pdf

There is a Q & A which actually says -
"Claims for child and working tax credits are
assessed jointly. If you are living with a spouse
or partner who is allowed to claim tax credits,
your name may be included in the claim."

It also says that an allocation of local authority housing, for example, from a Housing waiting list, does count as public funds, so maybe you've got to be a bit careful there - because while you may be allocated accommodation in your own right, (and your daughter, because she presumably is British) if it appeared that you had to have a larger space because of your wife she might fall under this rule. But you could probably argue that to accommodate your wife requires no larger allocation than what you and your daughter would be entitled to. Perhaps best not to include her name on the application and see what you're offered - or just camp with your parents until after she has ILR. If you're only on the list, no public funds have been taken.

I wouldn't worry about savings - the essential point is that you and she are working and not claiming any public funds to which she is not entitled.

nathan_nathan

Post by nathan_nathan » Thu May 28, 2009 10:55 pm

benjy
I am not sure which bank you are with. My bank HSBC will re issue the statements for the last 12 months free of charge. I am not sure which is your bank. But speak to them and they are obliged to send the statements again. Usually HSBC takes 5 working days to send to home and 3 working days to branch. In the home office application they do mention that internet stateme nts and cash point sgtatements are not allowed. but speak to the bank first

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Fri May 29, 2009 1:19 am

nathan_nathan wrote:benjy
I am not sure which bank you are with. My bank HSBC will re issue the statements for the last 12 months free of charge. I am not sure which is your bank. But speak to them and they are obliged to send the statements again. Usually HSBC takes 5 working days to send to home and 3 working days to branch. In the home office application they do mention that internet stateme nts and cash point sgtatements are not allowed. but speak to the bank first
For goodness sake, it is not such a big deal! Even Home Office caseworkers have enough common sense to realize that it is highly unlikely that one could have bank statements dated right up to the time of submission of the application. It's financial consistency over a period of time that they want to see. So a couple of weeks gap really isn't going to be a problem.