ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IGS to PSW visa rejected .Please help

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

digiboy
Newly Registered

IGS to PSW visa rejected .Please help

Post by digiboy » Fri May 29, 2009 1:10 am

My IGS to PSW visa is rejected and I understand from the letter from the home office saying the problem was mainly with the £800 funding. I couldn't understand the letter fully on where is the problem .I still have visa till july 20th . I am planning to go in person for the next application and I want to make it soon .Please help understand this letter (I attached below )

.Image

koolbone

Post by koolbone » Fri May 29, 2009 2:41 am

Essentially, you were refused because the bank statements you submitted did not cover a full 3 month period. As such, they didn't award you the 10 points for maintenance.
The statements you submitted are from 13th January to 6th April which is less than 3 months. A full 3-month period would have been from 13th January to 13th April.
In order words, if you had waited for one more week before submitting your application, you would not have been refused.
Also, since your current leave has not expired, you have no right to appeal the refusal. You can only re-apply.
No worries in re-applying. However, keep in mind that when you want to re-apply, make sure that the statements you're submitting must:
1) cover a FULL 3-month period, not short of even a day.
2) must show that you have had at least £800 at ALL times during the 3-month period.
Most importantly, since you've been refused leave-to-remain, in the new application, please, please do not forget to declare this refusal. If you do, the Home Office will accuse you of deception and you will be slapped with a ban and asked to leave the UK.
All the best mate.

coolvirgo1986

Re: IGS to PSW visa rejected .Please help

Post by coolvirgo1986 » Fri May 29, 2009 10:20 am

digiboy wrote:My IGS to PSW visa is rejected and I understand from the letter from the home office saying the problem was mainly with the £800 funding. I couldn't understand the letter fully on where is the problem .I still have visa till july 20th . I am planning to go in person for the next application and I want to make it soon .Please help understand this letter (I attached below )

.Image
did u send any documents regarding ur qualification, i had apply on 23 april igs to psw ext but still waiting ..... can u plz tell me when did u apply and when u recd the pp. from which college did u apply

digiboy
Newly Registered

Post by digiboy » Fri May 29, 2009 12:47 pm

Thanks very much .The problem was with with the bank ending year .Coz of that they closed aprils statement date on 6th april and i didnt see it clearly. Usually my bank statement covers from 13th to 12th of every month . What a silly mistake I made and my hard earned £500 gone. No worries as I have always maintained my account above £800 for the last 6 months .

I am going to make fresh application . Where can I mention the refusal thing ? Also anyone in London would like to meetup in person to give me ideas? I cant afford to lose next time ,so i want to make sure everything is perfect. I am in east london and can travel for a meetup .

I will be grateful to you if you help me .

Many Thanks & Good Luck

koolbone wrote:Essentially, you were refused because the bank statements you submitted did not cover a full 3 month period. As such, they didn't award you the 10 points for maintenance.
The statements you submitted are from 13th January to 6th April which is less than 3 months. A full 3-month period would have been from 13th January to 13th April.
In order words, if you had waited for one more week before submitting your application, you would not have been refused.
Also, since your current leave has not expired, you have no right to appeal the refusal. You can only re-apply.
No worries in re-applying. However, keep in mind that when you want to re-apply, make sure that the statements you're submitting must:
1) cover a FULL 3-month period, not short of even a day.
2) must show that you have had at least £800 at ALL times during the 3-month period.
Most importantly, since you've been refused leave-to-remain, in the new application, please, please do not forget to declare this refusal. If you do, the Home Office will accuse you of deception and you will be slapped with a ban and asked to leave the UK.
All the best mate.

digiboy
Newly Registered

Post by digiboy » Fri May 29, 2009 12:51 pm

coolvirgo1986 wrote:
did u send any documents regarding ur qualification, i had apply on 23 april igs to psw ext but still waiting ..... can u plz tell me when did u apply and when u recd the pp. from which college did u apply

Yes I graduated from University of wales institute,cardiff and I sent all my certificates with my application along with bank stattements. I made the application on 22nd april .

Good Luck

coolvirgo1986

Post by coolvirgo1986 » Fri May 29, 2009 1:18 pm

digiboy wrote:
coolvirgo1986 wrote:

Yes I graduated from University of wales institute,cardiff and I sent all my certificates with my application along with bank stattements. I made the application on 22nd april .

Good Luck
when did u recvd

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Fri May 29, 2009 5:48 pm

It happened only cuz of maintenance funds... apply again with 3 months statements.. as far as degree is conderned its not mandatory in your case as u've already got IGS...
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

coolvirgo1986

hello

Post by coolvirgo1986 » Sat May 30, 2009 1:49 am

i had send from 15 jan to 15 april
is it correct

koolbone

Post by koolbone » Sat May 30, 2009 2:07 am

digiboy wrote:Thanks very much .The problem was with with the bank ending year .Coz of that they closed aprils statement date on 6th april and i didnt see it clearly. Usually my bank statement covers from 13th to 12th of every month . What a silly mistake I made and my hard earned £500 gone. No worries as I have always maintained my account above £800 for the last 6 months .

I am going to make fresh application . Where can I mention the refusal thing ? Also anyone in London would like to meetup in person to give me ideas? I cant afford to lose next time ,so i want to make sure everything is perfect. I am in east london and can travel for a meetup .

I will be grateful to you if you help me .

Many Thanks & Good Luck

Good that you've maintaned your balance. You won't have any problems this time around.
When you're filling the new form, there's a section that asks if you've ever been refused entry-clearance or leave-to-remain. You have to tick yes in this section and explain the reasons for the refusal.
This, together with your bank statements covering the 3-month period will ensure that you get the PSW this time around.
You don't need to meet up with anyone. This is all you need. You can always ask if you're confused and I'm sure you'll get answers on this forum.
All the best.