ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application rejected maintenance fund! Help ...

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

xpscapable
Australia

Application rejected maintenance fund! Help ...

Post by xpscapable » Fri May 29, 2009 7:44 pm

I can't believe it!!! I have enough money but HO rejected my application on the ground of maintenance fund.

I have sent 2 bank statement.

Current Account
Saving Account

But HO only looked at the current account and they said my balance dipped below £800 and overlooked that I have MORE than enough money on my saving account.

My saving account is dated from 22nd November - 21st March
My current account is over a year dated to 21st March.

BTW this is in country application.

Because my visa is not expired yet, I'm not given any right to appeal. So what should I do?

I need to travel mid August and this is already end of May

Has anyone else able to get any resolution on this?

Should I submit new application?

push
United Kingdom

Re: Application rejected maintenance fund! Help ...

Post by push » Fri May 29, 2009 10:11 pm

xpscapable wrote:I can't believe it!!! I have enough money but HO rejected my application on the ground of maintenance fund.

Current Account
Saving Account

But HO only looked at the current account and they said my balance dipped below £800 and overlooked that I have MORE than enough money on my saving account.

Because my visa is not expired yet, I'm not given any right to appeal. So what should I do?

This is absolutely absurd and outrageous. There have been a number of cases in which the caseworker have made a clear mistake on assessing the maintenance funds. I read a post recently in which the affected person interacted with HO and got approval without submitting any additional docs. I guess if you have tight timelines then re-apply and after getting an approval on the new application seek refund of your fee.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

xpscapable
Australia

Post by xpscapable » Fri May 29, 2009 10:39 pm

Can you please show us the thread? How long did that application take?

I'm half considering making a fresh application and try to claim my extra 820 against HO at later stage. Well nothing to lose to write a few letters once I have my Visa.

Final
Newly Registered

Re: Application rejected maintenance fund! Help ...

Post by Final » Fri May 29, 2009 11:07 pm

This is shocking. What did the refusal letter say? Can you please reproduce it here?

1. Would it have made a difference if say the savings account had a transaction and was as of 23 March?

xpscapable wrote:I can't believe it!!! I have enough money but HO rejected my application on the ground of maintenance fund.

Current Account
Saving Account

xpscapable
Australia

Post by xpscapable » Fri May 29, 2009 11:12 pm

It just say that my account dipped below 800 on such and such date, which is true for my CURRENT account.

That's all the rejection letter say.

My saving account has transactions all over the months. It's not a dormant saving account or anything.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri May 29, 2009 11:30 pm

xpscapable wrote:Can you please show us the thread? How long did that application take?

I'm half considering making a fresh application and try to claim my extra 820 against HO at later stage. Well nothing to lose to write a few letters once I have my Visa.
Cant find the thread but something similar was discussed here - A guy here got approval by showing two separate statements for earnings & maintenance funds and both were taken on the same day (just like yours).
regards,
push

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Sat May 30, 2009 3:10 am

xpscapable wrote:It just say that my account dipped below 800 on such and such date, which is true for my CURRENT account.

That's all the rejection letter say.

My saving account has transactions all over the months. It's not a dormant saving account or anything.
This is complete non sense on their part, guess you can hire any professional service now and write some strong worded letter to them. Explain them that you purely went by policy guidelines and your savings account statements were over looked for maintenance funds requirements. Instead, they looked at current account bank statements for maintenance funds, which was purely for corroborating your previous earnings amount on payslip.

xpscapable
Australia

Post by xpscapable » Sat May 30, 2009 7:43 am

I have no time to do this I need the visa and my passport to travel overseas.

I think the reason they did this because both my saving account and current account come from HSBC. And they simply overlooked. Had I sent a different bank statement from different banks, they would surely see that there's a different set of statements.

I even mentioned this in covering letter, another document attached to the saving accounts and at the back of the application form where you specify all your documents.

Ahmed80

Post by Ahmed80 » Sat May 30, 2009 1:28 pm

My Tier 1 got rejected recently because the last bank statement was 4 weeks old. Be careful with the dates.
Last edited by Ahmed80 on Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat May 30, 2009 1:34 pm

Ahmed80 wrote:Hi my Tier 1 got rejected recently because the last bank statement was 4 weeks old. The bank hadn't issued the latest bank statement at the time.

What can i do in this case?
Have already replied to your query on another thread. Can you answer some of the questions raised therein? You can appeal if you have had sufficient funds maintained for last three months.
regards,
push

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat May 30, 2009 1:36 pm

xpscapable wrote:I have no time to do this I need the visa and my passport to travel overseas.

I think the reason they did this because both my saving account and current account come from HSBC. And they simply overlooked. Had I sent a different bank statement from different banks, they would surely see that there's a different set of statements.

I even mentioned this in covering letter, another document attached to the saving accounts and at the back of the application form where you specify all your documents.
Whatever. They are supposed to look at the evidence provided carefully, more so when you have clearly specified in the cover letter.
regards,
push

xpscapable
Australia

Post by xpscapable » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:20 pm

My 2nd application has been approved (yay)!!

And asking advice from other members on what to do with the fee incurred associated with this rejection on this thread:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 671#264671

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:03 pm

xpscapable wrote:My 2nd application has been approved (yay)!!

And asking advice from other members on what to do with the fee incurred associated with this rejection on this thread:

Write to BHC and ask for a refund. Provide relevant excerpts from the guidance notes
regards,
push

xpscapable
Australia

Post by xpscapable » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:35 am

BHC? UK BA you mean? It's an in-country extension application.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:57 pm

xpscapable wrote:BHC? UK BA you mean? It's an in-country extension application.
Sorry. Thats what I meant.
regards,
push

manishmittal
BANNED

Post by manishmittal » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:16 pm

Sue them.

Final
Newly Registered

Post by Final » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:17 pm

Congrats!!! What did you do differently with regard to your bank accounts?
xpscapable wrote:My 2nd application has been approved (yay)!!

xpscapable
Australia

Post by xpscapable » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:23 am

Final wrote:Congrats!!! What did you do differently with regard to your bank accounts?
This time my current account only is enough for maintenance fund so I don't send the saving account.

I have written the complain letter and will send it soon. Will update the forum about how did I go with getting a refund from UK BA.

I guess lessons to take from this experience is to make your application as idiot proof as possible. I know case worker should do their job, but the less complicated the less chance of they stuff it up.