ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born in 2004

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

newtux
Newly Registered

Child born in 2004

Post by newtux » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:39 am

I'm a HSMP since Aug-2002, and have been exempted from the fees since the beginning (the fees came out only more recently, I guess).

My son was born in London in Jul-2003 and I had his passport stamped for no fee. Also my HSMP renewal in Aug-2003 was free.

Now I need to have my daughter’s passport stamped. She was born in Dec-2004, in London. However, the Home Office Helpline claims I have to pay a fee of £335 now, and use the form FL(O).

Is this correct or do I have the wrong information? Does everybody have to pay for this now? Is there a way around? These fees are really prohibitive. Thanks.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:49 am

Newtux, with regret I think what you say is right. The form to use is the FLR(O) and as that form says, the fee when applying by post is £335, or indeed £500 is applying in person at a PEO.

Also, you say that in August 2003 you got your extension, presumably for three years until August 2006. You will then be eligible to apply for ILR and will use form SET(O) for that purpose. The fee for making that application will also be £335 by post or £500 in person at a PEO. "Luckily" only one such fee will be payable for you and all your family, given that you will be the applicant and all your family will get entered on to the same application form.
John

newtux
Newly Registered

Post by newtux » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:57 am

Thanks a lot John!

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:51 pm

i have one question related to ILR after 4 yrs on HSMP.

Doesn't the clock for ILR (WP and HSMP) start from the day one enters the UK and not from the date the visa was issued?

Cause there are people who have entered the UK approx after more than 6 months after getting the EC and in that case the total time spent in the UK will be approx 3.5 yrs

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:02 pm

Clock counter for ILR considers actual residence in the UK from status activation date = first date of physical entry into the UK on the relvant visa status. This issue is covered on the HSMP FAQ. Those delaying entry into the UK need to make that time up - its already covered in IND regulations/ operational policy. IMHO I anticipate a requirement for yet another FLR based on HSMP (for example) wth an appropriate (hefty) fee. Issue will come to the fore 4th quarter of 2005/ 1st quarter 2006 when first batch of 'on 4 years HSMP' apply for ILR given that HSMP scheme commenced Jan 2002.

FLR

Re: Child born in 2004

Post by FLR » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:10 pm

newtux wrote:I'm a HSMP since Aug-2002, and have been exempted from the fees since the beginning (the fees came out only more recently, I guess).

My son was born in London in Jul-2003 and I had his passport stamped for no fee. Also my HSMP renewal in Aug-2003 was free.

Now I need to have my daughter’s passport stamped. She was born in Dec-2004, in London. However, the Home Office Helpline claims I have to pay a fee of £335 now, and use the form FL(O).

Is this correct or do I have the wrong information? Does everybody have to pay for this now? Is there a way around? These fees are really prohibitive. Thanks.
May be I am wrong but to make it clear for myself as well, I think you have one possible way to sneak through the fees. That is, if you enroll the new born to her mother's passport, this way she will be able to travel everywhere and when you will apply for your ILR, at that time apply for the new born's own passport and then submit the ILR for the whole family.

I am not sure about all this, may be, experts could shed some light on this.

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:41 pm

i think now you are required to have a seperate passport for the new born as well

correct me if I am wrong

FLR

Post by FLR » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:29 am

I guess senior members like Kayalami or some one with practical experience would be able to comment.