ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Suggestion Required

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

qoolshah
Newly Registered

Urgent Suggestion Required

Post by qoolshah » Sat May 30, 2009 12:08 am

HI Friends

I have applied for PSW in last October and I didnt get any reply back from UKBA, last week I have sent an e-mail from my University e-mail address that,

HI,

I would like to find out I have submitted my PSW visa application in October-2008 and since than I have not heared any thing and after that I have finished my Master Degree aswell from Manchester Metropoliton University, and I got my Graduation Cermony on 19th-July-2009.

I would like to take my application back and I want to go back to Pakistan after the cermony as It is taking longer than I expected.

I am unable apply for any Jobs, and even can not see my family, My Grandmom died aswell in that mean time which I have informed few months back but I didnt get any reply.

My Details are as follows,

Home Office Ref number: PB**************
D.O.B: ********
Nationality: Pakistani

I am thinking of doing Phd, but I am unable to apply as University wants to see my passport.

Will you please let me know, how many more months I have to wait to see my family.

If you have any questions please feel to contact me,

Regards
Fahad Hashmi

And I have recieved my passport back with out visa and its not written down that I have to leave UK with in 28 days as my visa expires on 31st-January-2009

Its written down that If I want to apply again please fill application form and send it with fees, but I would like to find out that DO I HAVE TO GO BACK AND APPLY FROM PAKISTAN

AS in my e-mail to UKBA its clear that I want to go back After my Graduation Ceremony, and they didnt read any thing in my e-mail and they send my passport back with in 3 days of my e-mail.

Normally HO takes 14 days to reply but in my case in just 3 days I got it back.

Now please suggest me What to do?

saqee01
Newly Registered

Post by saqee01 » Sat May 30, 2009 9:47 am

Dear Fahad i think you did nt consult anybody when you e mailed home office .I can see lot of mistakes in ur mail.As you have already requested to withdraw your application hence they respond you in a similar fashion.In my understanding they have withdrawn your application.I am not sure either you have a valid visa or not .If your visa is expired then i doubt you have to return back to pakistan immediately and apply from there. As your case is genuine so hopefully you may be able to get 2yrs psw with ease.
Secondly get accurate and detailed information from home office representative on this number 0870 606 7766 .Ideal time to call them is 10 o clock in the morning.

wish you good luck

yasa
Diamond Member

Re: Urgent Suggestion Required

Post by yasa » Sat May 30, 2009 9:59 am

qoolshah wrote:HI Friends

I have applied for PSW in last October and I didnt get any reply back from UKBA, last week I have sent an e-mail from my University e-mail address that,

HI,

I would like to find out I have submitted my PSW visa application in October-2008 and since than I have not heared any thing and after that I have finished my Master Degree aswell from Manchester Metropoliton University, and I got my Graduation Cermony on 19th-July-2009.

I would like to take my application back and I want to go back to Pakistan after the cermony as It is taking longer than I expected.

I am unable apply for any Jobs, and even can not see my family, My Grandmom died aswell in that mean time which I have informed few months back but I didnt get any reply.

I am thinking of doing Phd, but I am unable to apply as University wants to see my passport.

Will you please let me know, how many more months I have to wait to see my family.

Regards
Fahad Hashmi

And I have recieved my passport back with out visa and its not written down that I have to leave UK with in 28 days as my visa expires on 31st-January-2009

Its written down that If I want to apply again please fill application form and send it with fees, but I would like to find out that DO I HAVE TO GO BACK AND APPLY FROM PAKISTAN

AS in my e-mail to UKBA its clear that I want to go back After my Graduation Ceremony, and they didnt read any thing in my e-mail and they send my passport back with in 3 days of my e-mail.

As per your request they sent your passport back... the only thing u can do is go back within 28 days and if u wanna apply for PSW then maintain 2800£ for three months and apply again..
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

qoolshah
Newly Registered

Re: Urgent Suggestion Required

Post by qoolshah » Sat May 30, 2009 12:49 pm

yasa wrote:
qoolshah wrote:HI Friends

HI,

Regards
Fahad Hashmi

As per your request they sent your passport back... the only thing u can do is go back within 28 days and if u wanna apply for PSW then maintain 2800£ for three months and apply again..

Thanks for reply,

But I have mentioned in my e-mail I got my graduation ceremony in july, and If I have to go back than my whole life will be ruined, as I have to attend my ceremony for my masters,

Well normally home office reply after 14 days but for this they send me passport in 2 days.

Well I am going to see my my solicitor and also mylocal mp and lets see and if Home Office says that I have to go back than I will have challenge this in court

Please pray for me

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Sun May 31, 2009 11:17 am

The error was yours, they simply complied with your request to return your passport. If you knew that you were travelling in July and knew the normally take 14 days to reply, why didn't you do this closer to that time. You shot yourself in the foot and I don't think your MP or lawyer can get around this. All the best.
We are all pencils in the hand of our creator~ Unknown

qoolshah
Newly Registered

Post by qoolshah » Sun May 31, 2009 3:39 pm

Diokpa wrote:The error was yours, they simply complied with your request to return your passport. If you knew that you were travelling in July and knew the normally take 14 days to reply, why didn't you do this closer to that time. You shot yourself in the foot and I don't think your MP or lawyer can get around this. All the best.
Well Let see what will happen, I am confident that Home Office will accept my application and issue me visa, as I am sending my university letter and other correspondence aswell.

tuhadda_fuffar

Post by tuhadda_fuffar » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:19 am

qoolshah wrote:
Diokpa wrote:The error was yours, they simply complied with your request to return your passport. If you knew that you were travelling in July and knew the normally take 14 days to reply, why didn't you do this closer to that time. You shot yourself in the foot and I don't think your MP or lawyer can get around this. All the best.
Well Let see what will happen, I am confident that Home Office will accept my application and issue me visa, as I am sending my university letter and other correspondence aswell.
In any case, if you go back without valid visa, they might treat it as an over stay case, coz ur visa has expired and when you will go back, they might trouble you.
What does the HO covering letter with your passport says?
Good luck.