ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

inperson appointment !! plz helpppp urgent

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fahadz1
BANNED

inperson appointment !! plz helpppp urgent

Post by fahadz1 » Fri May 29, 2009 12:17 pm

i called today for appointment . there was rude lady she ask me where i want appointment and i said croydon.
she said its fully booked. i said till when she said 10th july i said give me after 10th july.. she say sorry she cant

i dont know which type of girl they have put there. she keeps on saying i have to terminate the call because she repeat 5 times there is no appointment she should have suggest me that there is available in birmingham etc.

please adivse me what should i do to talk appointment. as i dont want to post and if they refuse my LTR will expire and i cant applu fresh ?!

plz senior members help me

frustrated guy

tk79
Newly Registered

Post by tk79 » Fri May 29, 2009 12:47 pm

that is because they can only book 6 weeks ahead. You will have to try again on monday and this will open a window for 11 July, Tuesday will open windown for 12 July etc. Also ring exactly at 9:00 otherwise you wont get an appointment, all appointments are gone within the first 5-10 minutes

Sten

Post by Sten » Fri May 29, 2009 12:56 pm

tk79 wrote:and this will open a window for 11 July, Tuesday will open windown for 12 July etc.
this should read as 13 July, Tuesday will open windown for 14 July etc. (they don't do weekends)
Good luck !

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Post by justice_will_reign » Fri May 29, 2009 10:10 pm

Sten wrote:
tk79 wrote:and this will open a window for 11 July, Tuesday will open windown for 12 July etc.
this should read as 13 July, Tuesday will open windown for 14 July etc. (they don't do weekends)
... that is true!

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Sat May 30, 2009 1:24 am

tk79 wrote:that is because they can only book 6 weeks ahead. You will have to try again on monday and this will open a window for 11 July, Tuesday will open windown for 12 July etc. Also ring exactly at 9:00 otherwise you wont get an appointment, all appointments are gone within the first 5-10 minutes
thanks for the important suggestion ! I called again today they said all appointments are booked all over UK. I was very frustrated . I ask them when should i call again they said nothing they recommend do postal application.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat May 30, 2009 12:56 pm

fahadz1 wrote:
tk79 wrote:that is because they can only book 6 weeks ahead. You will have to try again on monday and this will open a window for 11 July, Tuesday will open windown for 12 July etc. Also ring exactly at 9:00 otherwise you wont get an appointment, all appointments are gone within the first 5-10 minutes
thanks for the important suggestion ! I called again today they said all appointments are booked all over UK. I was very frustrated . I ask them when should i call again they said nothing they recommend do postal application.
Keep trying if you want an appointment. Start dialling from 5 mins to 9 and continue redialling till you are connected. If you are lucky to get through by 9/9:05 you can get an appointment. If not try again. I know its frustating but thats the way it works. I
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

CSK

Post by CSK » Sat May 30, 2009 2:11 pm

fahadz1,

What push_hsmp said is correct, you got to keep trying . You must be dialling 2 mins before 9 am and initially you will be hearing a recorded voice that says "HO opens at 9 Am blah blah..", but keep re-dialing till 8.59 and you will hear a change in recorded voice as "welcome to border & immg blah blah....", then follow the instructions and you wil get connected to the agent..

I booked my appointment in similar way after trying 3 days like this..if you try the way i told above you must get one sure in 2 or 3 days..

Finally, the frustration of waiting for postal applications for more than 2 months and in between calling them to find status is worse than waiting for appointments..so stay calm and you will get one..

all de best.

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:15 am

push_hsmp wrote:
fahadz1 wrote:
i called today 9 o clock after 10 minutes lady ask me
did i tried online calculater i said yes then she ask for dependend i said no then she said i will check for u then she said due to high demand all oppointments are booked.
this is again frustrating ?
u want me to call daily and spend money and in the end they say there is appoointment available.
i called 8:57 am message says office is closed so i have to dail 9 o clock !please reply.........

centennial

hello

Post by centennial » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:27 pm

mate if you are really frustrated then I suggest you to apply through solicitor, you might get appointment within a week or two. cost veries from £500 to £1250 . I have talked to few solicitors in order to get my appointment but i got appointment by myself in middle.

asking same question on form wont yield anything unfortunately.

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Re: hello

Post by justice_will_reign » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:28 pm

centennial wrote:mate if you are really frustrated then I suggest you to apply through solicitor, you might get appointment within a week or two. cost veries from £500 to £1250 . I have talked to few solicitors in order to get my appointment but i got appointment by myself in middle.

asking same question on form wont yield anything unfortunately.
I agree with you, it took about 4 attempts as well for me to get an appointment. I felt same way and on the 5th attempt (5th day), I was lucky to get one. So the options are there for you to take; postal, agent or keep calling. Don't wait till 9am to call. Try from 8:58 and keep calling constantly even if the out of office message keeps playing. All the best!

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:45 pm

fahadz1 wrote:
push_hsmp wrote:
fahadz1 wrote:
i called today 9 o clock after 10 minutes lady ask me
did i tried online calculater i said yes then she ask for dependend i said no then she said i will check for u then she said due to high demand all oppointments are booked.
this is again frustrating ?
u want me to call daily and spend money and in the end they say there is appoointment available.
i called 8:57 am message says office is closed so i have to dail 9 o clock !please reply.........
Trick is to start calling at 8:55/57. Even if you hear the message that the office is closed and will open at 9:00 AM, continue redialling. Just before 9:00AM you will get through and be first few in the queue and get the appointment. All the best.
regards,
push

Sten

Post by Sten » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:10 pm

push_hsmp wrote:Trick is to start calling at 8:55/57. Even if you hear the message that the office is closed and will open at 9:00 AM, continue redialling. Just before 9:00AM you will get through and be first few in the queue and get the appointment. All the best.
mate, I've been doing this for 2 weeks ... what is really needed - some luck

I am afraid even quite recent experience is irrelevant now

Last several days its got much worse - I can't even get through (after 10 minutes' waiting) to a live person who will then tell me that no more appointments are available .. I think their systems are crashing, sometimes you get through and shortly after that your call is being dropped without any reason ..
Good luck !

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:45 pm

Sten wrote:
push_hsmp wrote:Trick is to start calling at 8:55/57. Even if you hear the message that the office is closed and will open at 9:00 AM, continue redialling. Just before 9:00AM you will get through and be first few in the queue and get the appointment. All the best.
mate, I've been doing this for 2 weeks ... what is really needed - some luck
Keep trying, luck will shine on you. There is no other way to get in-person appointment at PEO (other than using immigration consultant's services). Its frustating but there is not much that you can do.....
regards,
push