ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP to Tier 1 refusal - Urgent help needed

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ahmed80

HSMP to Tier 1 refusal - Urgent help needed

Post by Ahmed80 » Sat May 30, 2009 1:07 pm

Hi

My HSMP to Tier 1 was refused because i didnt send the last bank statement to the Home office. The statement wasnt issued by the bank yet as it was the 4th week of the month at the time.

My previous 12 month's statements showed a balance of over £2k at all times!

I score more poibts than needed for Tier 1 its just the maintanence funds thing, which is just an admin issue.

Anyways I dont have any other visa after this refusal. What are my options?

Can i go to PEO croydon and get it submitted again? how long do i have to wait for appointment?

Any suggestions?

push
United Kingdom

Re: HSMP to Tier 1 refusal - Urgent help needed

Post by push » Sat May 30, 2009 1:32 pm

Ahmed80 wrote:Hi

My HSMP to Tier 1 was refused because i didnt send the last bank statement to the Home office. The statement wasnt issued by the bank yet as it was the 4th week of the month at the time.

My previous 12 month's statements showed a balance of over £2k at all times!

I score more poibts than needed for Tier 1 its just the maintanence funds thing, which is just an admin issue.

Anyways I dont have any other visa after this refusal. What are my options?

Can i go to PEO croydon and get it submitted again? how long do i have to wait for appointment?

Any suggestions?
just an admin issue!! Are you kidding?? One has to follow the guidalines provided while submitting the application for VISA approval.

Do you now have the updated Bank statements? Personal appointment takes 6 weeks from the date you are able to contact PEO at 9 sharp and there is a place available by then. If you do not have leave to remain, you need to leave the country within 28 days. What does the rejection letter says?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

Ahmed80

Post by Ahmed80 » Sat May 30, 2009 1:41 pm

The letter says how many points i scored in what category and none in Maintenance funds.

Other than that it states the reasons for appeal, and that if the appeal is refused i could be removed from UK if i dont go.

And that i can submit a new application with new application. Plus in all cases an application should be made before my leave to remain has expired. (My visa expired in April)

Ahmed80

Post by Ahmed80 » Sat May 30, 2009 1:47 pm

Can i appeal against this decision with my bank statement or is it not worth doing?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat May 30, 2009 2:08 pm

Ahmed80 wrote:Can i appeal against this decision with my bank statement or is it not worth doing?
Ppl have successfully appealed in cases where they had sufficient maintenance funds but did not provide appropriate documents along with the application. I guess thats the only option that you are left with. If you leave country now and reapply from your country then the ILR clock will reset. Consult an immigration lawyer
regards,
push

Ahmed80

Post by Ahmed80 » Sat May 30, 2009 3:06 pm

Can i reapply for Tier 1 or the only option is an appeal now?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat May 30, 2009 4:03 pm

Ahmed80 wrote:Can i reapply for Tier 1 or the only option is an appeal now?
Technically as your current leave has already expired you can not make a new application for extension. Your best bet is appeal therefore - contact an immigration lawyer mate. I have good experience in "commenting" on issues related to Tier-1 application and I cant claim to be an expert on immigration issues especially when the application has been turned down and current leave is expired. So treat my advice as from a fellow border only, who has as much experience as you do. Others are therefore welcome to add to what I have suggested.
regards,
push

Ahmed80

Post by Ahmed80 » Sat May 30, 2009 7:04 pm

how can i approach the appeal process? do they consider new evidence?

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Sat May 30, 2009 7:27 pm

Ahmed80 wrote:how can i approach the appeal process? do they consider new evidence?
I don't think you are allowed to add new evidences to appeal process. But, you can give it a shot and try to explain and convince the case worker through cover letter. As rightly guided by push_hsmp, I, too, would advise you to contact any immigration lawyer. Otherwise, you would have to leave the country and re-apply from your home country, which unfortunately would reset your clock for ILR.