ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 extention earlier - Please advise

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gracexrl
Newly Registered

Tier 1 extention earlier - Please advise

Post by gracexrl » Fri May 29, 2009 7:18 pm

Dear All,

My current visa will expire on 05/Jan/2010. I'm thinking to extend my visa in Sept. The reason is -

My birthday is in Oct, so I can claim 20pts before Oct.
Otherwise, I can only claim 10pts for the age, as a result my salary needs to exceed £26K. I'm on £24K at the moment.

It seems some members here did successfully extend their visa earlier than the alleged 28days before visa expiry, for example 5 months earlier. And their new visa will be 3 years based on the old visa expiry date, instead of the application date.

Is it really feasible to apply earlier? Please advise.

Also welcome those successful applicants to share the experience again. (I couldn't find those posts now :?: )

Many thanks!!

rkrohela
BANNED

Early Application

Post by rkrohela » Fri May 29, 2009 8:06 pm

Hello,

Yes it is certainly possible to apply at any time if you can meet the criteria, and you get extension from the date of expiry of current visa. Lots of people with expiry dates even as far as March 2010 extended earlier and got it successfully.

Take the PEO Route for better results, you get visa same day.
Rohit the Purohit -- HSMP Qualified Banker.

gracexrl
Newly Registered

Post by gracexrl » Sat May 30, 2009 7:30 pm

hi rkrohela, thanks very much for the reply.

I did take time to go through the posts, and you are right, there are quite a few successful cases.

I'm a bit relieved now. :)

shaik.leeds
Newly Registered

Post by shaik.leeds » Sun May 31, 2009 10:17 pm

gracexrl wrote:hi rkrohela, thanks very much for the reply.

I did take time to go through the posts, and you are right, there are quite a few successful cases.

I'm a bit relieved now. :)
Hi Mates,

Can anyone please help me regarding my exension.
I am planing to go for early extention (I am currently on HSMP and going to extension from HSMP to Tier 1 extension). I have HSMP visa valid until November 2009, but i have lost job in March. so, planning to go early extension in july.

I have met the salry criteria till March 2009(12 months) and 3 months maintanace funds till june. So in 15 monhts i am showing 12 months continious statements and the rest 3 months i am showing Maintance funds.

I have one more question also. Can i go personally for Extension? if so can i get spot decesion?

Kindly, please let me know it would be very great and helpful. I am really frustating.

Regards,
shaik

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun May 31, 2009 10:21 pm

Replied already on you other post
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer