ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I apply for Nationality? Urgent please

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rings
Newly Registered

Can I apply for Nationality? Urgent please

Post by Rings » Sat May 30, 2009 6:39 pm

The facts:

Granted ILR for long term residence in UK on 11th July 2008. I will be going to US for work for 1 year, departing on 25th June ie a few days short of year.

I was thinking of applying for Nationality before I go. Can I? I was going to try and use the Nationality checking service via local authority.

The other thing is, can I apply for nationality after 11th July 2009, but from US??

republique
BANNED

Re: Can I apply for Nationality? Urgent please

Post by republique » Sun May 31, 2009 11:23 am

Rings wrote:The facts:

Granted ILR for long term residence in UK on 11th July 2008. I will be going to US for work for 1 year, departing on 25th June ie a few days short of year.

I was thinking of applying for Nationality before I go. Can I? I was going to try and use the Nationality checking service via local authority.

The other thing is, can I apply for nationality after 11th July 2009, but from US??
You need to read the application and guidance.
you can not apply early (well you could, it might get rejected and NCS probably won't deal with it early)
you can not apply from the usa.
Now go to the bia website and educated yourself

1963British

Post by 1963British » Sun May 31, 2009 10:40 pm

Because of the pending changes in the citizenship rules.

Compounded with existing annual limits that you can be outside of the country in order to apply for citizenship.

Up against the changing annual limits under the new rules.

It will probably mean that the next time you will be eligible to apply for British Citizenship will be somewhere around July 2016, assuming you volunteer and do good works!

Having said all that, you can not apply early and since you are not applying under the spousal rules you can not apply from the USA.

If you value becoming a British Citizen, you should apply on 11 July 2009 under the rules.

But please note, under the rules you will need to certify that the UK is going to be your home. As such, it should be clear by all the evidence that this US job is purely temporary in nature.

Rings
Newly Registered

Post by Rings » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:55 pm

republique wrote:

you can not apply early (well you could, it might get rejected and NCS probably won't deal with it early)
Republique, thanks for your cutting response. As you might see from my correct English, I am quite well educated already. Thanks again.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:32 pm

See below
Last edited by republique on Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:32 pm

Rings wrote:
republique wrote:

Republique, thanks for your cutting response. As you might see from my correct English, I am quite well educated already. Thanks again.
Clearly not since you failed to understand that the usage of the word applies to your bid for Nationality

troyguy21

Post by troyguy21 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:27 am

Some people find it hard to visit http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/ to read the guidance note that applies to their application

Rings
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by Rings » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:57 pm

If you can't help, dont bother replying, OK TruyGuy. Play nice, or sod off

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: Thanks

Post by Rozen » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:44 pm

Rings wrote:If you can't help, dont bother replying, OK TruyGuy. Play nice, or sod off
Oops! :shock:

Caramba80
Newly Registered

Post by Caramba80 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:46 pm

-Edited-

Pyromaniac

Post by Pyromaniac » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:11 pm

If you can't help, dont bother replying, OK TruyGuy. Play nice, or sod off
I think you will find that TruyGuy gave you a link to where you can get official information on what you wanted to know.

Are you going to follow your own advice
Play nice, or sod off
as you dont want anyone elses ?

Rings
Newly Registered

enough already

Post by Rings » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:42 pm

Enough already.

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:34 pm

You can apply, but would almost certainly be refused.

You can apply, but you may have some serious problems showing that your intention is to live in the United Kingdom => risk of refusal.

Is this job more important than your citizenship?

Emma84

Post by Emma84 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:00 pm

As JAJ said, you would almost certainly be refused if you apply early. As it is, current rules state that the application must be made from the UK and that you should be in the UK for at least 5 days after you submit the application.

Hope that helps clarify things for you.

Rings
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by Rings » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:50 pm

Thanks JAJ and Emma,

The job is very important, yes. So is citizenship, the job wins by mies.

Sadly, citizenship will have to wait. Wish theere was a way out.