ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Aussie girlfriend looking to move over

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bowler847
Newly Registered

Aussie girlfriend looking to move over

Post by bowler847 » Sun May 31, 2009 6:46 pm

Hello, I wonder if you guys could help...

I am a British Citizen and I have an Australian girlfriend.

She lives in Australia right now, but is looking to be moving over by the beginning of next year.

Her mother is British but moved from Kent to Australia back in the 70's and is now an Australian Citizen, but she has a UK and Aussie passport.

Which would be the best visa for her to come over and live on? I heard that there is a possibility she could get a UK Passport? If she did, would this solve the whiole visa application issue and allow her to work in the UK?

Thank you

1963British

Post by 1963British » Sun May 31, 2009 10:47 pm

You mean your British girlfriend. (':D')

If she was born after 1981, she is British by descent from the mother.

If she was born after 1961, she is British by entitlement to be registered.

And if she was born before 1961, she will be able to be registered when the new law is passed.

I shall assume she was born after 1981.

She just needs to apply for a Passport or a Right of Abode sticker. Suggest she look at the guidance published at the web site for the British High Commission in Australia. It is simple.

Your BRITISH GF, can work, vote and do everything you can do. She could even run for Parliament in the next election.

Cheers!!