ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance of a British Army member-to change condition of stay

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

itombndu
Newly Registered

Fiance of a British Army member-to change condition of stay

Post by itombndu » Sun May 31, 2009 9:55 am

Hi

I'm a filipina who's residing and working in the UAE, my fiance has recenly gone back to the UK to again join the British Army.
I'm considering coming over on a 6 month single entry visit visa within the next couple of months, intially on his parents' sponsorship. I was looking to change my condition of stay from visit to permanent or with at least something that would provide me a longer time frame, when I arrive with the possibility of a job or maybe marriage.

I was informed that being on the sponsorship of a member of the army can cut through a lot of red tape for their dependant(spouse) and will make changing conditions of stay easier as they are not subject to immigration control. I also read it on the UK Home Office web page that for as long as you can prove that your relationship is genuine and is able to submit all the necessary requirements for marriage then everything should go smoothly.

I would just like to get insight on this and how likely is it to possibly change the condition of stay despite intensive research that it is impossible to do it from within the country...
Any ideas on how to around the system?

Let me know.
Thanks!

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:32 am

You can't 'get round' the system. If you are not married you will not be allowed to switch.

itombndu
Newly Registered

Post by itombndu » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:51 am

so marriage is the only resolution? what about living together as his fiancee with the intention to get married..soon...but not immediate?
or otherwise finding an employer?--is it possible to switch from visit to the employer's sponsorship from within the country?

i'm just trying to explore my options and trying to drag it away from the topic of marriage 'cause i don't think it's appropriate to pressure someone/yourself 'just because'..

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:02 am

A visitor visa is what it says it is for a visit (tourism etc...)you can not change in-country....you could try to apply for a fiancee visa?

itombndu
Newly Registered

Post by itombndu » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:12 am

ciaramc wrote:A visitor visa is what it says it is for a visit (tourism etc...)you can not change in-country....you could try to apply for a fiancee visa?
i guess i could...i'll just wait until my fiance gets himself into the friggin' army and then proceed with whatever....or maybe go for possible interviews and then go back to the UAE...to proceed with an employement visa if chosen for a job.

Thanks btw!