ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is is ok to use an agent for visa application?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

UKGuyLondon

Is is ok to use an agent for visa application?

Post by UKGuyLondon » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:29 am

Hi everyone. I am a Uk citizen living in Pakistan and have decided to relocate to the UK with my wife and 2 year old son who are both Pakistani so that they can get their UK citizenship.

I am using Immigration Advisory Services (IAS) in Karachi to help me with my application forms for settlement visa.

My question to you is that do my chances of getting this visa get affected if I go through an agent? They have said that if anything, my chances will improve. Their service in Karachi is a paid one and they are doing all my paperwork, filing and forms completion for me. I will review the forms and my family will sign on them personally verifying their contents before submission. There is a section at the bottom of the form which asks if any agent has completed the application form on behalf of the applicant and their name will go here.

The reason I have chosen to go through an agency is that I do not want any errors in my application which may potentially delay things but I am not sure if this will be looked down up on by the Visa application Center.

Thanks in advance!

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:58 pm

Your chances of suceeding are good with an organisation like IAS, but its not a guarantee that you will get visa first time around

sahdi

Post by sahdi » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:21 pm

hi iam in the same sitiuation as you, iam also a british citizen and living in pakistan, and am relocating back to uk this year for my childrens education.Iam applying for my husbands spouse visa through IAS in lahore. Iam pretty satisfied with there service and knowledge, let me know how you get on. When \re you applying?