ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the UK test failed

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sean7398

Life in the UK test failed

Post by Sean7398 » Sat May 30, 2009 6:53 pm

Hi everyone, My wife was only 2 questions away from passing the Life in the UK test, but sadly she did not get them right. Is there a limit to how many tests one could take theoretically??

Also, what re peopls opinion on the test, I think it is absolutely a disgrace that people should know about migration (chapter 2)-when half the UK citizen population don't have a clue either!

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat May 30, 2009 7:10 pm

Other peoples view is irrelevant, because its the law. If you cant meet the law, then you dont qualify.

Where about's do you live in UK, as there are other options you can do other than what your wife has failed on.

Sean7398

Post by Sean7398 » Sat May 30, 2009 9:03 pm

Dear BatleyKhan

I appreciate that if its the law, and it is required, then so be it. I'm not disputing that really. What does annoy me is that there are so many people out there who get here on a free ride (UK Border Force on TV gives a few examples), and we have to do some really hard work to pass tests and gather information like letters, bank statements etc. I know that is what is required but, those illegal people here work and earn loads of money, and they don't have to worry about a thing!!

P.S. Is there a limit to the number of tests one can do? not that we're planning on doing a 100 or anything..lol.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun May 31, 2009 12:55 am

KOL[/url] > [url=http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/residency/knowledgeoflifeuk.pdf]Knowledge of life in the UK: requirements for settlement applications wrote:55. How many times can I take the test?

There is no limit to the number of times you can take the test. Candidates are advised to study the handbook further before trying again and feedback is given to unsuccessful candidates to help with this. However, if you repeatedly fail the test it may mean that you should consider taking an ESOL with citizenship course instead.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:55 am

However, if you repeatedly fail the test it may mean that you should consider taking an ESOL with citizenship course instead.
Sean , if yoour wife wants to do this, pm and I will tell you of a good place where she can do this. They are very good and proffesional like. The only problem is that they are based in my hometown of West Yorkshire

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:37 am

batleykhan wrote:
However, if you repeatedly fail the test it may mean that you should consider taking an ESOL with citizenship course instead.
Sean , if yoour wife wants to do this, pm and I will tell you of a good place where she can do this. They are very good and proffesional like. The only problem is that they are based in my hometown of West Yorkshire
...where they speak funny, say owt and nowt and eeee-by gum!

Even the Yorkshire Bank ATM's have a sythensised voice saying 'How much!!?' when u want to draw out some cash....

A Lancastrian living in Yorkshire....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:48 pm

Lol :lol:

eee by eck lad thers nowt rong wiv the way we tolk ere in Yorkshire. Its the damn forigners ( Lancastrians)who are arnt from round ere that speak a load of twangle.

Sean, dont be put of by of by Wanderers comment. We folks in Yorkshire are the best, thats why Yorkshire is Gods own county.
:P

You are more than happy to come to Yorkshire to take the test. Infact I will invite you for a cup of tea, as I live directly opposite the test centre

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:19 pm

Sean7398 wrote:Dear BatleyKhan

I appreciate that if its the law, and it is required, then so be it. I'm not disputing that really. What does annoy me is that there are so many people out there who get here on a free ride (UK Border Force on TV gives a few examples), and we have to do some really hard work to pass tests and gather information like letters, bank statements etc. I know that is what is required but, those illegal people here work and earn loads of money, and they don't have to worry about a thing!!

P.S. Is there a limit to the number of tests one can do? not that we're planning on doing a 100 or anything..lol.
What does that have to do with anything? There is always someone trying to get around the system and frankly in every country, the citizens know less than the immigrant in terms of migration that's the benefit from being born in the country you are a national of.