ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In-Person applicants experiences

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue May 19, 2009 6:06 pm

mavrick7 wrote:Hi All

I am just wondering about applying in-peron at croydon. My current leave (HSMP) expires in august'09 and i have an appointment end of June for a tier 1 extn.

My question is if I am granted futher leave to remain under tier-1, will the visa start from the day i got it stamped or from the day my current visa xpires?

Look forward for your support on this.
From the date your current leave expires
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

liverpool123
Newly Registered

Post by liverpool123 » Thu May 21, 2009 5:51 pm

How long it will take if 'In person' application is not processed on the same day? How long will be the delay?

hsmp__2007
Newly Registered

photocopies!

Post by hsmp__2007 » Tue May 26, 2009 7:46 pm

Guys,

quick 1 , my appointment is due soon. Just to confirm do we need to carry photocopies of all the documents or originals are enough?

I know very dumb question, but pl help.

regards,

hsmp__2007

ssvgopal

Post by ssvgopal » Wed May 27, 2009 10:36 am

Hi hsmp__2007,

You won't require any copies. Only carry applicable originals.

Cheers,
Sai

hsmp__2007
Newly Registered

Thanks!

Post by hsmp__2007 » Thu May 28, 2009 3:10 pm

ssvgopal wrote:Hi hsmp__2007,

You won't require any copies. Only carry applicable originals.

Cheers,
Sai
Sai,

Thanks mate..

ssvgopal

Re: In-Person applicants experiences

Post by ssvgopal » Fri May 29, 2009 10:53 am

niruv wrote:Hi,
In Person applications are accepted from 6th of April 2009.
If anyone has already finished his appointment, please share your experiences here.

Thanks!!
Niruv
Hi,

My visa(extending from HSMP to Tier1-General) was granted yesterday till 12 July 2012(initial duration was on 12 July 2007 - 12 July 2009).
My request to add additional 44 days(since I landed in UK on 25 Aug 2007) was not granted. However, the assessing officer(desi) confirmed that I would be eligible for ILR if I apply just before expiry of the new leave to remain.

Thanks Niruv. Your post on the PEO experience was really helpful in setting my expectations right.

Even though mine was a straight forward application, my experience(including some annoying ones) happened at PEO Croydon :
- Case registration done at 9:12 am.
- Appointment at 10am, but started late at 10:40am. No clear demarcation for waiting areas for Premium applications(WP, Tier1-G, Students, etc) all were in the same area, so bit of confusion.
- Also 2 different announcements(in parallel) add to the confusion.
- Case initial assessment(including documents check & immigration history verification) took upto 1 hour.
- Officer asked if my wife is staying with me(since she entered UK). I submitted my council tax statement, to support this.(Not required, but dont know why he asked anyway).
- Then, officer asked me at 11:45am to visit Croydon high street for 2 hrs.
- Came back at 1:30pm. At 3 pm, officer shocked me by asking for my bank statements(already given!!!!). I gave my bank statements(for rest of the whole period I was in UK), all my employment related documents(the whole lot). Then, he hurriedly went down to his Lead, and came back in 10 mins, and confirmed the case is fine.
- Went down to 1st floor, and waited and waited for the stamped passports. Finally at 4:15pm, we got the end result(happy!!!)

But mind you, the waiting is horrendous. Can imagine how Niruv must've felt.

My advise to applicants is, Please carry everthing you could to supplement your case(and eliminate any doubt as to the originality of the relevant documents).

Cheers,
Sai

rkrohela
BANNED

PEO

Post by rkrohela » Fri May 29, 2009 8:17 pm

Hello SSVGopal,

Thanks for sharing your experience, even my appointment is on June 16th at Croydon, so I will arm myself with all the necessary documentation.

I had one doubt, you mentioned you asked for 44 days extra but that was not given. But you were told you can apply for ILR at the end of the newly provided leave.

But my understanding was that you can only be 28 days short of 5 calendar years at the most when you apply for ILR. Am I missing something here?

The reason is that I entered UK 30 days after my initial visa stamping date, so I just need 2 days extra in the extended period. But if once can indeed apply even before 28 days, then I am ok.

Please guide me!
Rohit the Purohit -- HSMP Qualified Banker.

push
United Kingdom

Re: PEO

Post by push » Fri May 29, 2009 9:57 pm

rkrohela wrote:Hello SSVGopal,

Thanks for sharing your experience, even my appointment is on June 16th at Croydon, so I will arm myself with all the necessary documentation.

I had one doubt, you mentioned you asked for 44 days extra but that was not given. But you were told you can apply for ILR at the end of the newly provided leave.

But my understanding was that you can only be 28 days short of 5 calendar years at the most when you apply for ILR. Am I missing something here?

The reason is that I entered UK 30 days after my initial visa stamping date, so I just need 2 days extra in the extended period. But if once can indeed apply even before 28 days, then I am ok.

Please guide me!
You cant really rely on a verbal assurance from someone who does initial scrutiny of your application. However, request for an extended leave, if you are lucky you will get it otherwise wait till you are nearer the date. In any case ILR qualifying period for those applying now will be anywhere between 6-8 years which means you would need to apply for another extension after 3yrs or 3yrs + 2 days.
regards,
push

rkrohela
BANNED

ILR Period

Post by rkrohela » Fri May 29, 2009 10:00 pm

Hi Push_hsmp,

I could not quite get why the period for PR/ILR will increase from 5 to 6 or 8 years? I thought from the precedents set by HSMP JR have made the HO not make retrospective changes and avoid changing the rules of the game midway?

The only thing which the Citizenship Bill proposes to do is increase the period of citizenship from 5 to 6or 8 years isn't it?

But ILR is still likely to be 5 yearsI feel.
Rohit the Purohit -- HSMP Qualified Banker.

push
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Period

Post by push » Fri May 29, 2009 10:43 pm

rkrohela wrote:Hi Push_hsmp,

I could not quite get why the period for PR/ILR will increase from 5 to 6 or 8 years? I thought from the precedents set by HSMP JR have made the HO not make retrospective changes and avoid changing the rules of the game midway?

The only thing which the Citizenship Bill proposes to do is increase the period of citizenship from 5 to 6 or 8 years isn't it?

But ILR is still likely to be 5 yearsI feel.
All those who applied after 2006 signed an undertaking (it was in the application itself) that they agree that their application/future application will be subject to rules as prevalent unlike pre-April/Dec2006 applicants. HSMP JR is not applicable to post 2006 applicants therefore.
regards,
push

marrik

Post by marrik » Sat May 30, 2009 12:22 am

hey guys,
i have an appointment on 12th june in croydon for myself and my wife and daughter.(1 month old).
my visa ends only in dec 09 but since we dont have any help here my wife is goin to her folks place for 6months and we wanted to apply in advance.

Now, based on previous experience from our members, they do allow applying in advance for valid reason and i do hope mine is treated as valid.

Is it better to mention the reason for applying in advance in Cover letter or not? reason being for ssvgopal since he mentioned the extension it wasnt given and hence wasnt sure.

Am planning to have a cover letter with my main application. is it necessary to include a cover letter with my wife and my daughter's application?

thanks in advance.

CSK

Post by CSK » Sat May 30, 2009 2:29 pm

ssvgopal (Sai)

Congrats for your successful extension !! :D

I am having my appointment i croydon on 10th June and carefully going through every bits and pieces on this site and also preparing my application.

From your experience and others about croydon, it seems croydon is still not settled in terms of dealing applications and i hope some miracle happens in next 10 days to sort things out !! :wink:

I am so nervous as the days are approaching and i have a big concern on my head since i have a recent speeding offence which is not dealt by the court yet(awaiting hearing).. :twisted: ...

i have 2 questions

1) Since i havent been convicted by court, i dont have any judgement of the offence to mention in the applcaiton, hence planning to carry the speeding offence letter and will show the HO that i am offended but not convicted yet. Is this sufficient?

2) Sai, when you said "immigration history" checks, do you have any clue what sort of these checks are?

anyone in june first week appointments in croydon?

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Sat May 30, 2009 11:01 pm

svvgopal is there any need to take whole year statements,or just take whats related to ur case.
plz reply

khubs

Post by khubs » Sun May 31, 2009 8:45 pm

hI,

I have my appointment at croydon -peo and was wondering if one of my mates could accompany me? is there any reception/guest area...

Is this allowed.

PPL. who have visited croydon-PEO -pls advice.

thnx
cheers

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun May 31, 2009 9:15 pm

khubs wrote:hI,

I have my appointment at croydon -peo and was wondering if one of my mates could accompany me? is there any reception/guest area...

Is this allowed.

PPL. who have visited croydon-PEO -pls advice.

thnx
cheers
You mean your dependants??
regards,
push

khubs

Post by khubs » Sun May 31, 2009 9:18 pm

[quote="push_hsmp"]

THNKS FOR REPLY.

I DON'T HAVE ANY DEPENDANTS...I WANT TO TAKE A FRIEND OF MINE -WHO HAS NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH MY CASE.

WILL MY MATE BE ALLOWED??? OR WILL THE HO OBJECT TO THIS..

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun May 31, 2009 9:27 pm

khubs wrote:
push_hsmp wrote:
THNKS FOR REPLY.

I DON'T HAVE ANY DEPENDANTS...I WANT TO TAKE A FRIEND OF MINE -WHO HAS NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH MY CASE.

I have not been to PEO but they have almost Airport like security check so I think it will be difficult for ppl other than the main applicant/dependants/representatives to enter. Others can opine based on their experiences
regards,
push

khubs

Post by khubs » Sun May 31, 2009 9:31 pm

push_hsmp wrote:
khubs wrote:
push_hsmp wrote:
THNKS FOR REPLY.

I have not been to PEO but they have almost Airport like security check so I think it will be difficult for ppl other than the main applicant/dependants/representatives to enter. Others can opine based on their experiences
thanks for ur input....

OTHERS WHO HAVE BEEN TO FOR IN-PERSON -PLS. SHARE YOUR VIEWS....

mghe

Post by mghe » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:33 am

I heard that we will recieve and SMS from PEO as a reminder for our appointment, 24 hrs before the date of appointment. Is this true? Peo applicants pls help

MVaibhav
Newly Registered

Post by MVaibhav » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:19 pm

Yes, you do. I got one exactly 24Hrs before the appointment time :)

ssvgopal

Post by ssvgopal » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:18 pm

ssoct98@hotmail.com wrote:svvgopal is there any need to take whole year statements,or just take whats related to ur case.
plz reply
Well, I took all my employment docs and bank statements. It did help in speeding up my case, but its not essential.
For peace of mind, I took all my docs. You can decide what you want to take.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Sai

ssvgopal

Re: PEO

Post by ssvgopal » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:21 pm

push_hsmp wrote:
rkrohela wrote:Hello SSVGopal,

Please guide me!
You cant really rely on a verbal assurance from someone who does initial scrutiny of your application. However, request for an extended leave, if you are lucky you will get it otherwise wait till you are nearer the date. In any case ILR qualifying period for those applying now will be anywhere between 6-8 years which means you would need to apply for another extension after 3yrs or 3yrs + 2 days.
Hi push_hsmp,

You are right in not depending on verbal assurances. However, the case worker told me that they give exemptions to cases like this, when it comes to ILR. So, it really depends on two things(how we project our case, and the level of lenience the case worker gives to our arguments).

Cheers,
Sai

Tina_Eapen

Payment details page filling for PEO appointment.?

Post by Tina_Eapen » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:01 pm

Can any one confirm its needed to fill in payment details like card number etc if we decide to appear in person (PEO appointment) for HSMP extension..?

Also is it mandatory to have dependents with main applicants during PEO appointment for extension..? Is this for the foreign national ID card..?.

I have a 1.5 yr baby, bit worried to be in PEO for full day with him. please confirm how others dealt with this..

Thanks in advance...

ssvgopal

Re: Payment details page filling for PEO appointment.?

Post by ssvgopal » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:08 pm

Tina_Eapen wrote:Can any one confirm its needed to fill in payment details like card number etc if we decide to appear in person (PEO appointment) for HSMP extension..?

Also is it mandatory to have dependents with main applicants during PEO appointment for extension..? Is this for the foreign national ID card..?.

I have a 1.5 yr baby, bit worried to be in PEO for full day with him. please confirm how others dealt with this..

Thanks in advance...
Hi Tina,

No need to fill the payment details for the PEO appointment.

Regarding dependants, when I called the enquiry, I was told to bring dependants along, unless there is a valid reason for not bringing them along. For HSMP extension, no formalities(like ID card, etc) are done so you can get a letter(from your wife) stating both your inability to bring the child to the PEO. Obviously, PEO people would consider this.
Please call the enquiry yourself, and get their opinion as well.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Sai

ssvgopal

Re: Payment details page filling for PEO appointment.?

Post by ssvgopal » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:12 pm

ssvgopal wrote:
Tina_Eapen wrote:Can any one confirm its needed to fill in payment details like card number etc if we decide to appear in person (PEO appointment) for HSMP extension..?

Thanks in advance...
Hi Tina,

No need to fill the payment details for the PEO appointment.

Regarding dependants, when I called the enquiry, I was told to bring dependants along, unless there is a valid reason for not bringing them along. For HSMP extension, no formalities(like ID card, etc) are done so you can get a letter(from your wife) stating both your inability to bring the child to the PEO. Obviously, PEO people would consider this.
Please call the enquiry yourself, and get their opinion as well.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Sai
Forgot to mention. PEO has no facility to entertain children, so it would be really inconvenient with children around.