ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help !! Address confusion & Moving house

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sams1enigma

Please help !! Address confusion & Moving house

Post by sams1enigma » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:58 pm

Hi

I have just been laid off on Friday and in order to manage my finances i am planning to move house, I am about to apply for tier 1 general visa (HSMP) as I am/was on work permit and that would expire soon due to my redundancy hence i am off to applying for tier 1 general (HSMP).

The thing is if i do move house or give a friends address as my current residence but all my documents from payslips, P60 and bank statements which i have for the past 12 months are in my previous address (The house i am in at present), would that lead to any confusion. The way i see it the friends place where i am about to move would be my current address so that should not be an issue, am i right in thinking this

Or do i just stay where i am and not move place and keep things straight forward?

any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

adnan_uk

Post by adnan_uk » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:05 pm

Consider using the royal Mail forwarding service which will forward ur emails to ur new address for upto a year.

I dont think there is any harm in giving ur new address but I have no personal experience

sams1enigma

Post by sams1enigma » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:45 pm

adnan_uk wrote:Consider using the royal Mail forwarding service which will forward ur emails to ur new address for upto a year.

I dont think there is any harm in giving ur new address but I have no personal experience
Thanks adnan...this seems like a nice idea....will definitely look into it :)

nksg

Post by nksg » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:05 pm

Sams,

I changed my address while my application was under consideration. I informed HO on my new address and my documents arrived on the new address.. I am not sure if they do it but there is a form called "change of circumstance form" to cater this. But since you have not applied yet you can use your friends address from the start.. just mention the same on the cover letter to avoid any misunderstanding...

All the best

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:37 pm

Since you are about to apply (and have not applied yet), provide your new address. Its fine if your bank statement and other document shows your old address.
Also as mentioned by other member, use Royal Mail Forwarding service for atleast 2-3 months (till you get your visa) to make sure you don't miss anything.

tier1_ilr
Newly Registered

Post by tier1_ilr » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:09 pm

Just include your prior and new address proofs and that should be okay. I did that and mine was approved.