ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

INIS Citizenship page disappeared

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tom4

INIS Citizenship page disappeared

Post by tom4 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:13 pm

The "citizenship" page appears to have disappeared from the list of options on the left of the INIS home page.
It was the one where they used to say which month they were processing.
Not that it was ever much use anyway.

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:27 pm

The link has disapeared. But the page is still there:

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Co ... %20Section

It looks like somebody at INIS removed the link to the page by mistake.... Or probably they're working on the page and they have taken it "offline" temporarily?

I noticed the links to the forms have also disapeared.

zzz

Post by zzz » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:03 am

LuasPassenger wrote: I noticed the links to the forms have also disapeared.
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP07000108

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:36 am

interesting note is that about 2-3 months ago, both pages for citizenship and long term residency speficially stated the dates that they are currently processing respective applicaitons ie those received in July 2007.

I note citizenship one is back up. i wonder has that got anything to do with an increasing amount of mandamus proceedings being brought to the court?

maybe they were updating the site so to help people not having to spend 2-5 hours on a phone to get a basic answer.

tom4

Post by tom4 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:02 am

walrusgumble wrote:maybe they were updating the site so to help people not having to spend 2-5 hours on a phone to get a basic answer.
Yeah, I'd like to believe that too :lol: :lol: :lol:

But in a PQ the minister has said that he believes they are doing a great job and we don't need any more information - or words to that effect.

sovtek

Post by sovtek » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:54 pm

walrusgumble wrote:interesting note is that about 2-3 months ago, both pages for citizenship and long term residency speficially stated the dates that they are currently processing respective applicaitons ie those received in July 2007.

I note citizenship one is back up. i wonder has that got anything to do with an increasing amount of mandamus proceedings being brought to the court?

maybe they were updating the site so to help people not having to spend 2-5 hours on a phone to get a basic answer.
Has anyone in here brought a mandamus proceeding against INIS? I've been interested in doing that since I heard about it on this board. I have been waiting since April 2007 for my LTR. I received a request for documents and returned those documents to them in March of this year. Last correspondence was March 20th this year and nothing since when they ackowledged receiving the documents.
It's now 26 months since I applied. I'm now anticipating the request for police certificate from them which will add another few months to this.
Is there nothing the EU can do about this. It's obvious they are on a purposeful slowdown. Also they pocket €150 a year from us while we are waiting. That's a huge profit for those 2/3 year waiting respective to LTR and citizenship.

TRV

Post by TRV » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:47 pm

the citizenship link is up on INIS webpage