ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Just Landed

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shonolaku
Newly Registered

Just Landed

Post by shonolaku » Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:16 am

Hi all, I landed yesterday. Things were easier in Heathrow than expected as I spent less than 20 minutes at port. I want to start getting things together. I have the followings to know:

1. How best to get a job within a minimun time even if the pay is not much for a start? I 'm in IT and work as DBA.

2. How easy can I get accomodation?

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:55 am

1. contractor UK has a search engine for jobs; contractor work is shorter and might be easier to get..try it.
2. rent a room, it will be far cheaper and less complicated in terms of docs and references.

3. try to open your bank account asap, read the other threads
4. start to work on your driving license; it's worth starting now.
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

shahidsuri

Post by shahidsuri » Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:34 pm

I would suggest not to get a job with too low rates. As your current salary will be a reference for future jobs. There are plenty of websites that put salary surveys based on skills. Have a look at some of those and then decide. I have a lot of friends working on below average salaries and having problems now.