ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English language certificate, Bachelors or Master's or Both

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abhi_011

English language certificate, Bachelors or Master's or Both

Post by abhi_011 » Sun May 31, 2009 10:39 pm

Hi All,

This is my first post in the forum.. First of all a Big Hello to all of you...

I'm planning to file for the Tier 1 next month & my query is that i have master degree (MCA), do i need to produce English language certificate from my University for the master's degree or for the bachelors degree (B.Sc) or for both.. kindly advice

Thanks and Regards,
Abhi

push
United Kingdom

Re: English language certificate, Bachelors or Master's or B

Post by push » Sun May 31, 2009 10:50 pm

abhi_011 wrote:Hi All,

This is my first post in the forum.. First of all a Big Hello to all of you...

I'm planning to file for the Tier 1 next month & my query is that i have master degree (MCA), do i need to produce English language certificate from my University for the master's degree or for the bachelors degree (B.Sc) or for both.. kindly advice

Thanks and Regards,
Abhi
If the points calculator on UKBA site awards 10 points for your course+institution+degree under the English language section, all you need to provide is the Original Degree. No certificate is needed.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

abhi_011

Post by abhi_011 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:05 am

[/quote]If the points calculator on UKBA site awards 10 points for your course+institution+degree under the English language section, all you need to provide is the Original Degree. No certificate is needed.[/quote]

Hi,

Thanks push_hsmp for the reply

I went through the points calculator again and entered my qualifications and was able to select it as well...

There is one statement in the points calculator which says :

"If your qualification does not meet the English language requirement, you will not be able to select it."

As i was able to select my entered qualifications which means i don,t need to have English language certificate from the University... i believe you meant this...

Sorry for asking it again but just wanted to double check and don't want to take any chances...

Regards,
Abhi

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:33 am

Check Page 33, point 190 of the guidance notes.

191. Where the degree was taken in another country we will always assess it using the points based calculator on our website. The calculator contains information from UK NARIC on whether overseas qualifications are equivalent to United Kingdom Bachelors level or higher

aspirant09

Post by aspirant09 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:03 pm

hi,
ya you got push_hsmp right.If your degree is recognised by the points based calculator then you donot need any certificate only the original degree.
:-)

coolsats
BANNED

Post by coolsats » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:50 pm

Dear Abhi,

Let me simplify your problem here.

Even i Hold an MCA degree from Bangalore University. When i applied i mentioned in the cover letter that my uni is listed in pbs and does not require any other certificate but as an additional doc am providing letter from the university...
To simplify your problem, i ll paste the same content i used in my cover letter, you can copy paste the same.

English Language Requirement: 10 points claimed -
-------------------------------
*** There are no additional documents required for this section, as my university is recognized by the ‘Self Assessment Tool’ available on the Agency website. However, as a supporting document I have enclosed:

a) Letter from the University stating that the medium of instruction for my Master’s degree was English.

wp2tier1

Post by wp2tier1 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:18 pm

There is no need of any letter from university at all. If your university is listed in home office data base (i.e if you are able to select your university in points calculator) just dont need any other proof. As mentioned earlier it is clearly stated in guidance notes.

http://immigrationadviceandassistance.blogspot.com/

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:47 pm

abhi_011 wrote:
If the points calculator on UKBA site awards 10 points for your course+institution+degree under the English language section, all you need to provide is the Original Degree. No certificate is needed.
Hi,

Thanks push_hsmp for the reply

I went through the points calculator again and entered my qualifications and was able to select it as well...

There is one statement in the points calculator which says :

"If your qualification does not meet the English language requirement, you will not be able to select it."

As i was able to select my entered qualifications which means i don,t need to have English language certificate from the University... i believe you meant this...

Sorry for asking it again but just wanted to double check and don't want to take any chances...

Regards,
Abhi
Yes. Go ahead, all you need is original Masters degree
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

abhi_011

Post by abhi_011 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:12 am

Thanks all of you for your guidance.

At least one issue is resolved...

Best Regards,