ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Different figures in Payslips and Bank Statements- Tier 1 Ex

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ashokkru
Newly Registered

Different figures in Payslips and Bank Statements- Tier 1 Ex

Post by ashokkru » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:20 am

Hi

I am applying for extension to stay under Tier1.

When going through my documents I noticed that two months salary figures does not match with bank statements
1. My salary slip show as 1***.87 but the bank statement states as 1***.25
This is because the payment was made by cheque and the amount written as 1***.25 rather than 1***.87. This is a human error
2. My salary slip show as 1500 but the bank statement is 1900
The amount in bank is more because the amount was paid by cheque including my expense claim.

Please let me know what should I do?

Thanks

golu

Post by golu » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:12 am

shouldnt be an issue, i had a 10 p difference in bank statement and payslips/employee letter.

For sound sleep you can always take a supporting letter from employer to confirm the right earnings

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:26 am

I would suggest to get a letter from employer. It depends on the case worker how to treat such descrepancy. Strictly speaking your payslip and statement doesn't match.

Remember, case worker will not use common sense.

lizrich002
Newly Registered

Post by lizrich002 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:47 pm

So sorry to post on another person's thread.

I also have the same issue, there is a difference of just 3p in one payslip and the other is about £5.

I am paid in cheque and there is no description on the bank statement, it just says the branch where the cheque has been paid in.

I spoke to our accountant who said he will make the corrections on the next payslip. I will be applying early August so still have time.

Will that be okay or do I still need a letter.

Also will the employment letter showing that I am paid through cheque be okay or do I need a separate letter to show this.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:47 pm

Try to get letter from employer and get everything explained in it. Also mention the same in your covering letter(if possible highlight it). So that you are not in fault just in case if caseworker doesn't understood anything.

lizrich002 wrote:So sorry to post on another person's thread.

I also have the same issue, there is a difference of just 3p in one payslip and the other is about £5.

I am paid in cheque and there is no description on the bank statement, it just says the branch where the cheque has been paid in.

I spoke to our accountant who said he will make the corrections on the next payslip. I will be applying early August so still have time.

Will that be okay or do I still need a letter.

Also will the employment letter showing that I am paid through cheque be okay or do I need a separate letter to show this.

Manisharnie

Post by Manisharnie » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:46 pm

I also had around 10-14p difference,But I got a letter from employer stating that.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:53 pm

Manisharnie wrote:I also had around 10-14p difference,But I got a letter from employer stating that.
You should be fine then. Try to use only corroborating documents.

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

It should not be an issue.

Post by jimmymcad » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:25 pm

I had the same issue in my salary slips

20 pence and 50 pence difference in my 2 payslips. But i got it approved with no problems. Hope you should be fine too.

regards,
Jimmy

lizrich002
Newly Registered

Post by lizrich002 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:01 pm

Tnk you all for the valuable responses.

Can anyone please tell me what the letter from the employer will look like. My employer does not have a clue how togo about this, so I have to give him an idea of what I want.

Award winning samples if possible, pls.

Thanks