ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for HSMP (1+3+3(Tier1 general) migrants)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

baba1
Newly Registered

ILR for HSMP (1+3+3(Tier1 general) migrants)

Post by baba1 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:09 am

Dear all,

I completed my 4 years on hsmp last year but when I applied for 3rd extension, the home office gave my Tier 1 general migrant visa for 3 years. Am I covered with ILR JR ruling? Can I apply for ILR now? Because the JR policy states that your recent visa should be HSMP, I am assuming HSMP is same as Tier 1.

Regards,

baba

Kelvin

Re: ILR for HSMP (1+3+3(Tier1 general) migrants)

Post by Kelvin » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:58 pm

In theory, you will fall into the category ii who should be able to apply the ILR under this ILR JR.

However, I know what you mean because in this same policy document, page 2, paragrpah 5a does say "The migrant has spent a continuous period of four years lawfully in the United Kingdom, of which the most recent period must have been spent with leave as a highly skilled migrant, and the remainder must be made up of leave as a highly skilled migrant, leave as a work permit holder (under paragraphs 128 to 133 of the Immigration Rules), leave as an Innovator (under paragraphs 210A to 210F of the Immigration Rules) or leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant"

I applied my 2nd FLR in last July and got my visa stamped as Tier-1 (General) as well. And I don't think there was a special FLR form made for us at that time. They do have it now as Apr. 2009 version. However, I received a letter alone with my approved 2nd FLR, saying my case had been dealt with under the arrangement of FLR JR case.

Honestly, I still feel a bit confused here. Can any senior member on this forum help us out here ?

Thanks,

Kelvin
baba1 wrote:Dear all,

I completed my 4 years on hsmp last year but when I applied for 3rd extension, the home office gave my Tier 1 general migrant visa for 3 years. Am I covered with ILR JR ruling? Can I apply for ILR now? Because the JR policy states that your recent visa should be HSMP, I am assuming HSMP is same as Tier 1.

Regards,

baba
Kelvin Li

willnotbackHSMP

Post by willnotbackHSMP » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:34 pm

Kelvin wrote:In theory, you will fall into the category ii who should be able to apply the ILR under this ILR JR.

However, I know what you mean because in this same policy document, page 2, paragrpah 5a does say "The migrant has spent a continuous period of four years lawfully in the United Kingdom, of which the most recent period must have been spent with leave as a highly skilled migrant, and the remainder must be made up of leave as a highly skilled migrant, leave as a work permit holder (under paragraphs 128 to 133 of the Immigration Rules), leave as an Innovator (under paragraphs 210A to 210F of the Immigration Rules) or leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant"

I applied my 2nd FLR in last July and got my visa stamped as Tier-1 (General) as well. And I don't think there was a special FLR form made for us at that time. They do have it now as Apr. 2009 version. However, I received a letter alone with my approved 2nd FLR, saying my case had been dealt with under the arrangement of FLR JR case.

Honestly, I still feel a bit confused here. Can any senior member on this forum help us out here ?

Thanks,

Kelvin

Regards,

baba
My understanding is that as per page 2 paragraph 5A of policy document, is not saying HSMPian of catagory ( 1 HSMP + 3 HSMP + 3 T-1 ( Gl) ) is under ILR JR judgement? Definitely it is saying. Simple reason is that when HSMP visa introduced, T-1 ( G) visa was not exist at that time. HSMP came first ( recent) and T-1(G) later (remainder made up of leave as ).

For ref : http://www.hsmpforumltd.com/hsmpilrjrfaqs.html ( Q: 12)

Kelvin

Post by Kelvin » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:58 pm

Thanks, this information is very helpful.

willnotbackHSMP wrote:
Kelvin wrote:In theory, you will fall into the category ii who should be able to apply the ILR under this ILR JR.

Thanks,

Kelvin

Regards,

baba
My understanding is that as per page 2 paragraph 5A of policy document, is not saying HSMPian of catagory ( 1 HSMP + 3 HSMP + 3 T-1 ( Gl) ) is under ILR JR judgement? Definitely it is saying. Simple reason is that when HSMP visa introduced, T-1 ( G) visa was not exist at that time. HSMP came first ( recent) and T-1(G) later (remainder made up of leave as ).

For ref : http://www.hsmpforumltd.com/hsmpilrjrfaqs.html ( Q: 12)
Kelvin Li