ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Agents submitting application on behalf of client

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

van_123
Newly Registered

Visa Agents submitting application on behalf of client

Post by van_123 » Wed May 13, 2009 11:55 am

Can a visa agent really submit a visa application on behalf of an Indian visa applicant? I have a friend hoping to travel from India to the UK as a visitor and they are using an agent to do their application for them. The visa agent has said that they will submit the application for her, but I read on a website that you can only apply in person, how are they able to apply on her behalf?

Also is it likely that they will be able to pay the fees for her, and if so how do they do that?

Thank you in advance

Van_123

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed May 13, 2009 12:50 pm

Biometric data collection for visa applicants wrote:What does it mean for visa applicants?
All visa applicants save for a limited number of exceptions will be required to attend in person to register their biometric data. Biometrics are collected at the offices of the British mission, commercial partner or in certain cases, the host government.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

van_123
Newly Registered

Post by van_123 » Wed May 13, 2009 12:53 pm

vinny wrote:
Biometric data collection for visa applicants wrote:What does it mean for visa applicants?
All visa applicants save for a limited number of exceptions will be required to attend in person to register their biometric data. Biometrics are collected at the offices of the British mission, commercial partner or in certain cases, the host government.
Yes that is what I read, however I am unsure if an agent can submit the application to the relevant centre by post and then the applicant submit their biometric data in person, since that is what many seem to offer. I understand that my friend will have to visit the centre to submit her biometric data but I want to know if they agents are able to submit her paper application for her by post prior to this?

Thank you

DFDS.

Post by DFDS. » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:15 pm

Am not sure how the system works wherever your friends is, but does she really need an agent to submit her application, then she attends in person to submit the biometrics?
Agents used to work in some countries where an applicant was renewing the visa.That was long before the introduction of biometrics for entry visas. Since the introduction of biometrics for visa nationals, both first time applicants & those renewing have to appear in person, thus agents are no longer in use. Remember they used to be appointed and approved by UK foreign missions.I doubt one needs an agent to submit there visa applications unless its just for guidance in the application process.Besides, entry clearance forms are very straight forward if you can read and understand you don't really need an agent.