ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How much longer is enough??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amycerdita
Newly Registered

How much longer is enough??

Post by amycerdita » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:46 pm

Hi guys, just to see if anyone else is still waiting for their passports. I've sent application (PSW) off last November & got confirmed letter within a week, I went 'oh this is not bad' & guess what? 7 months on, still 'under further consideration'. :evil: Couldn't do nothing abt it. This really is unreal. Anyone experienced similar delima? I would really appreciate if someone can give me some advice. Thanks a lot guys ^^ :(

vijay20004
Newly Registered

hi

Post by vijay20004 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:06 pm

Hi,
Even I am waiting for my passport and documents but only since Jan. I have contacted a laywer and he has asked me to fill up the urgent attention form on the ukba site.
I would say that rather than wasting your money on hiring a lawyer you should call up home office and fill this form.
BTW is there anything special about your application? I mean anything to do with your salary or age etc.

cheers

tahir.ulhaq

Post by tahir.ulhaq » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:43 am

I am from 18th Feb 09.
TAHIR UL HAQ

hoopsy

Post by hoopsy » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:58 pm

Waiting since Jan '09.
Good things come to those who wait.................

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:28 pm

Do you guys share anything in common apart from psw to T-1? i.e. same institution/nationality etc.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

hoopsy

Post by hoopsy » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:21 pm

push_hsmp wrote:Do you guys share anything in common apart from psw to T-1? i.e. same institution/nationality etc.
Not to my knowledge...nationalities - different, educ instititutions different. Only thing is switching from student visa to tier 1.

saayinla

Post by saayinla » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:03 pm

hoopsy wrote:
push_hsmp wrote:Do you guys share anything in common apart from psw to T-1? i.e. same institution/nationality etc.
Not to my knowledge...nationalities - different, educ instititutions different. Only thing is switching from student visa to tier 1.
were there any issue when you were a student, like not starting your course when you said you were or changing courses/institution, how many renewals did you had when you were a student?

I have a very close firend sent his passport for SEG back in Dec 2005 and when he got fed up of waiting after 3 and half years he withdraw his application only to find out that nothing has been done to his passport. He is leaving the UK soon.

Limbu Timbu
Newly Registered

Post by Limbu Timbu » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:11 pm

whoa.three and half yrs?ur friend has nerves of steel!

hoopsy

Post by hoopsy » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:48 pm

saayinla wrote:
hoopsy wrote:
were there any issue when you were a student, like not starting your course when you said you were or changing courses/institution, how many renewals did you had when you were a student?

I have a very close firend sent his passport for SEG back in Dec 2005 and when he got fed up of waiting after 3 and half years he withdraw his application only to find out that nothing has been done to his passport. He is leaving the UK soon.
No issue whatsoever...... didn't change course or school, started my course on the start date, no extension as a student, ended the course without any resits or extensions. Have no clue what's causing the delay.

miki

Post by miki » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:12 am

Waiting from 19th Feb 09.

HSMP to Tier 1 extn.

My case is very straigh forward except lost old passport.

miki

Post by miki » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:14 pm

Update from my side -

Started new thread as now my case is bit different as HO lost my documents. Please reply to new thread.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=40879

Thanks.

anks1022
Newly Registered

Post by anks1022 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:15 pm

miki wrote:Update from my side -

Started new thread as now my case is bit different as HO lost my documents. Please reply to new thread.

Thanks.
-----------------------------------------

Hi,

I submissted T1 general visa application on 27 march , 09. HO says it has dispathced a package to my home address on 7 may, 2009. have not got that package since then. Dont know what was ther ein the package. They never disclosed the contents. still not disclosing.
After one month on dispatch date on my continous queries they finally raised an investigation on 7 Jun. Have not got any response since then. Though i am chasing them continously they simply dont respond with any details. Sent letters emails also besides making calls. no response yet. I am afread my passport and other academic dcos are lost now. Frustration is gripping me like it did never before...........

-Ankur

miki

Post by miki » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:56 pm

miki wrote:Update from my side -

Thanks.

Finally Good news. Recv. passports back with extnesion visa till 5 March 2012.

Hip hip hurrey....Time to book long vacation. very much relaxed now. :D

Timelines.....

Category: HSMP to Tier 1 (Extention)
Applied: 18 Feb 2009
Reached HO as Dated on Ref. letter : 19th Feb 2009
Visa Expired: 5 March 2009
Visa Status:
Before 2nd Apr(No idea abt exact date) - Recv. call from Homeoffice to my employer.
2nd Apr (6 weeks completed) - Awaiting Further Consideration
3rd Apr to till last week - Under consideration

Made complaint - 28th May (after exact 14 weks)
Complaint Reply - 23rd June - Reason for delay - "Unable to locate your application within our agency"
Invloved local MP on 1st July. He sent letter to HO on 2nd July.

7th July - Recv. all docs and passports with visa extension till 05 march 2012.

Visa stamped on - 25th March 2009.

It shows that my application was misplaced somewhere for almost 3.5 months. :lol:

Thanks to everybody for all your kind support,help and suggestions.

All the best.