ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

lessons I have learned

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

golu

lessons I have learned

Post by golu » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:23 pm

Hi All,

I got my tier 1 extension from HSMP on friday in croydon and i did a premium application. I was having many doubts and i thought i will clarify them here so that it might help some of fellow board members. I would also invite other members to share their experiences and tell us about some common issues other might face.

1. I have had come across many queries where they were confused about names, as in india we use first name middle name or initial and last name, and here most of docs are first and last name, i asked the case worker what difference it makes and he said its no issue at all as long as they have first name and last name on all docs. No need of middle name or even initials.

2. They dont do checks for everyone ( for instance they dint do a check on my case ) but in some cases they might give a quick call to HR or bank to verify the authenticity of the documents. However if you have enough documents to support your application they will give the benefit of doubt to the applicant.

3. Not call cases are decided on same day in premium application.

4. My payslip had my first name wrong, and I was told that it shouldnt be a problem because my payslip amount and bank statements speak. However its always better to get a supporting document from employer.

5. They DO read the covering letter, so if you have something worth mentioning please feel free in covering letter.

6. They always give you visa that will help you satisfy you 5 years stay for settlement, so in most cases the visa end date of your new visa will coincide with 3 years from the visa end date of your present visa.

It is possible that most of the information i have given is already available, but i thought its worth mentioning. I have been taking lot of advise from other members on this site and as the trend goes you give it back to society what you take from it, so i will try to help new aspirants. Other members too feel free to share your experiences.

thanks,

Golu

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:31 pm

Do your Bank statements show "salary from xxx company" as transaction narration. My colleague has been losing her sleep over the issue and I cant convince her enough.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:16 pm

Hi Push,

One payment made by my billing company didn't had the company name mentioned in the bank transaction. But since the net payment in bank and payslip corroborated, I provide a letter from employer and they considered it and granted me extension.
push_hsmp wrote:Do your Bank statements show "salary from xxx company" as transaction narration. My colleague has been losing her sleep over the issue and I cant convince her enough.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:54 pm

chetanojha wrote:Hi Push,

One payment made by my billing company didn't had the company name mentioned in the bank transaction. But since the net payment in bank and payslip corroborated, I provide a letter from employer and they considered it and granted me extension.
push_hsmp wrote:Do your Bank statements show "salary from xxx company" as transaction narration. My colleague has been losing her sleep over the issue and I cant convince her enough.
The problem is none of her 12 transactions say anything but Bank Giro credit. Our employer (a bank) wouldn't oblige as its a big operation with HR with 6 degrees of separation :lol: ; Moreover, her Salary slip does not provide her full name.So she would find solace only when someone confirmed that his/her case got approved in similar circumstances.
regards,
push

golu

Post by golu » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:05 am

I think it is quite essential to have some sort of reference in the statement that the casework can relate to payslip, i strongly advise to get either a p60 ( possible since its been end of year ) or a letter from employer ( which you suggested is difficult ).

There is one more possibilty and that is to get a letter from the bank asking them to provide details of who deposited the money for that transaction, in this case you will find the company name. I have this with my bank statements, someone transfers money will all possible weird references, but when i click on payment in online statemetn i get to know who deposted the money.

Also is both last and first name wrong in payslip ?
hope this helps

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:31 am

I think if his figures match between payslip and bank statement, he should be fine. Don't think all employers uses meaningfull descriptions in salary transactions. When I got my first hsmp I had the same case where
first six months of my transactions doesn't show any company details(account guy didn't even knew how to configure it since the company was taking off). I explained this in my cover letter. But this was 2 years ago.
push_hsmp wrote:The problem is none of her 12 transactions say anything but Bank Giro credit. Our employer (a bank) wouldn't oblige as its a big operation with HR with 6 degrees of separation :lol: ; Moreover, her Salary slip does not provide her full name.So she would find solace only when someone confirmed that his/her case got approved in similar circumstances.

Edo

Re: lessons I have learned

Post by Edo » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:29 pm

golu wrote: 3. Not call cases are decided on same day in premium application.
Thanks a lot for such a useful account of information. What kind of applications in your opinion don't get decided upon the same day?

Regards
Last edited by Edo on Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sten

Re: lessons I have learned

Post by Sten » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:47 pm

golu wrote:3. Not call cases are decided on same day in premium application.
Was it "Non-call cases" (??) or "Not all cases" ?
Good luck !

golu

Post by golu » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:27 pm

Sten,

great pair of eyes needed to spot that error.

Edo,

cases where none of the document seem to be genuine are not processed on same day, in premium case you have the advantage that case worker are very helpful. Yesterday my mate got his visa done from croydon office and he dint have his bank statements on bank stationary, they were on plain paper but they accepted it, ofcourse he had provided them with P60, letter from employer and payslips.

CSK

Post by CSK » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:44 pm

golu,

Your mate is most lucky i would say, cos the letter from emloyer,payslip,p60 are all from same source as proof and will(most cases rejected) not be accepted.

I think the HO dint have a pair of eyes either .. :lol:

golu

Post by golu » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:46 pm

indeed,

but as I said there is something about premium applications or may be you get to put your point across in person.

and he was lucky to carry his printed statments because he spoke to me the night before and i told him they are all from same source, he however decided to ignore my advice and went thru with it...

even i had my name wrong on payslips but it somehow worked

mithuchopra
Newly Registered

Post by mithuchopra » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:41 pm

Hi Push_hsmp,

Your friend's case with payslips n bank statements is similar to mine.

My employer ABC outsources salary processing to XYZ. So my bank statements say XYZ credit and my payslips dont have my company logo/stamp nor my full name.

What I did is,
1. got a letter from my finance department stating the gross, net pay and tax,NI for each month (12 months previous earnings). In the letter they also mentioned that salary processing is done by XYZ. Signed by Finance Director.
2. Got my payslips stamped(with ABC company name) and signed by the Finance Director.

That did it. Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Mithu

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:49 pm

those have gone on business trip / seconded abroad for 3-6 months

what documents generally ask

employment letter

salary slip

bank statement

anything else

what happend if employer is changed but appointment letter mentione for job location.

i am sure above is isssu for many applicants for ilr

Regards

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:01 pm

mithuchopra wrote:Hi Push_hsmp,

Your friend's case with payslips n bank statements is similar to mine.

My employer ABC outsources salary processing to XYZ. So my bank statements say XYZ credit and my payslips dont have my company logo/stamp nor my full name.

What I did is,
1. got a letter from my finance department stating the gross, net pay and tax,NI for each month (12 months previous earnings). In the letter they also mentioned that salary processing is done by XYZ. Signed by Finance Director.
2. Got my payslips stamped(with ABC company name) and signed by the Finance Director.

That did it. Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Mithu
Thanks - She managed to get a letter from the employer and the Bank as well.
regards,
push