ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Steps for Migration to Australia

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

george_j
Newly Registered

Steps for Migration to Australia

Post by george_j » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:54 am

Hello

I am a software professional with B.Tech degree in Electronics with 6 years of IT experience.

I wish to migrate to Australia and would be much obliged if someone could answer the following queries.

1. Please let me know what is the detailed procedure - Which all forms to fill up and How to apply. I am in India at the moment. Is there an "official" points calculator or a website where we can check our eligibility.

2. Is finding an IT job in Australia going to be difficult in these times? I guess this is a subjective question. I am into oracle and j2ee projects. Is the job situation really bad for IT professionals over there?

3. Is it going to be cumbersome to deal with the process of application or would you suggest it to be done via some migration agency?

Thanks
George

gopikrishnatb
Newly Registered

Post by gopikrishnatb » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:14 pm

Hi George,

You can check your eligibility with points calculater present in immi.gov.au website (official) or with the one present in this site.

Basically I am not aware of the IT situation there. I am also an aspirant to migrate to OZ.