ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

More then one names on dependent application VERY URGENT !!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

psdesai
BANNED

More then one names on dependent application VERY URGENT !!!

Post by psdesai » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:13 am

Hi Guys,

I know I have asked this question on this forum before and chetanojha was kind enough give prompt reply. But I need to know some thing quickly as I am applying within 2 weeks time. (In case If I have to get document from backhome!)

On the dependent application form
-----------------------------------------------------
Section B5. Which says if the dependent is known, or has ever been known by other names(s) then those given above, please give details below and send the evidence showing the name change:

In the help section : B2-B5 PBS dependants should provide full details of their name and title. If the dependant has previously been known by any other name(s) they should provide full details of each name, the date of each change and submit the relevant supporting legal documentation.
Evidence of name change(s) should show the dependant’s full name before and after the change and may include:
deed poll documents; and•
both the old passport and the new • passport.
Should the dependant submit documentation in support of their application that refers to them under name(s) not given in this section, that documentation will not be considered by the Assessing Officer.

----------------------------------------

Now I dont have any proff of my wife's name before our marriage . The name carries her father's name obeviously. This name is on her school leaving , degree certificates etc.

On her national insurance application we did mentioned her name before marriage (the one with her father's name as middle).

Does anyone think it is going to be issue:
(1) If I dont mention other names at all (and if they enquire in National Insurance Office)
OR
(2) Mention her other names but do not show any proff document.

Or If I can get an affidavite from back home for her other names; will ho accept the certificate.

Any help , Senior members please reply.

If I can get an answer today then I can ask for the document which could reach to me by end of next week (which would be just in time!)

Many Thanks

tier1_ilr
Newly Registered

Post by tier1_ilr » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:18 pm

I think it depends on what is the name in her passport. I had travelled to UK after marriage and my passport had my husband's name and surname. All my documents in UK have this name. So I never had to show any proof for my name before marriage. I did have my old passport with my maiden name if they had asked for it, but luckily they did not.

Mostly the home office is not concerned with changes in surname due to marriage, they are more concerned with a real name change. So if the passport also has same name as what you have given for NI, that should be fine. If the name was changed due to reason of marriage, the marriage certificate should provide that proof.

MVaibhav
Newly Registered

Post by MVaibhav » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:57 pm

for my wife, I used the name as in passport (i.e name before marriage). In fact my baby's passport has her changed name (i.e. with the new surname only, not first name change).

the case worked did not seem to be bothered about these details. Perhaps they don't even check to that level.

As long as the name on the application form and passport match they should be fine.