ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

employment requirement for spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pancake
Newly Registered

employment requirement for spouse visa

Post by pancake » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:32 pm

Hi everyone,

i'm new on here. i had a question to ask regarding a spouse visa. I'm a british citizen and my fiance is an Indian citizen. We've known each other since May 2007. I hope to get married in India.
I'm going to start PGCE in Secondary maths (i.e teacher training). The course will finish next June and i hope to secure a job while i'm in the course, hopefully around April. I'd like to sponsor my hubby in June. The accomodation wont be a problem. And we're hoping to have £15,000 savings between us.

As a trainee teacher is it possible to sponsor him? Is there a strict requirement for 6 months wage slips?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:25 am

Do you get paid as a trainee, if so how much?.

All will depend on whether the actual income that you have coming in at the time of the application( rather than what you are forecast to earn when you have become qualified) is sufficient to support you both.

As evidence is required for the above, you have to produce a letter from your employers as well as a minimum of 3 months wage slips as proof of your earnings.

pancake
Newly Registered

Post by pancake » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:19 pm

batleykhan wrote:Do you get paid as a trainee, if so how much?.

All will depend on whether the actual income that you have coming in at the time of the application( rather than what you are forecast to earn when you have become qualified) is sufficient to support you both.

As evidence is required for the above, you have to produce a letter from your employers as well as a minimum of 3 months wage slips as proof of your earnings.
As maths is a shortage subject i'll get a bursary of £9,000 which is tax free. We'll definately have £15,000 of savings with this amount added. Well in the PGCE you have to attend uni as well so i wont have an employer. I have two blocks of teaching practice and written assignments...
i guess i just have to wait until i'm actually working as a newly qualified teacher in order to show the payslips...

thanks a lot for responding...i'm very grateful...

pancake
Newly Registered

Post by pancake » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:20 pm

also, i thought that its 6 months payslips you have to show...since my hubby to be is from Delhi, India...

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:02 pm

You can try and apply on the basis that although you are not in full time employment, you will have enough funds to support,maintain and accomadate your hubby till you get a job( this should not be difficult in your case, as there is a demand for maths teacher).

However this is risky and there is no guarantee your hubby will get visa. Questions might be asked that if you dont work where did you get £15000?.

Even if you applied for a fiance visa instead of a spouse, you will have to overcome the above.

If you apply and dont suceed you will end up spending in the region of £1000 in wasted fees. Do you want to risk it?.

If I were in your shoes I would rather complete the course whilst you are young and single ( instead of having to probally worry about a nagging husband :lol: ),get a job,then get married and get your hubby here. That way i dont think you will have any problem

pancake
Newly Registered

Post by pancake » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:42 pm

thank you very much for the advice....

God bless you....

khan85

Post by khan85 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:45 am

I would rather complete the course whilst you are young and single ( instead of having to probally worry about a nagging husband)
lolz.. yeh and my husband thinks women nag their husbands!