ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

any hope for me on descretionary leave application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

carly smith
Newly Registered

any hope for me on descretionary leave application

Post by carly smith » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:35 am

Hi everyone,
firstly i want say to a big well done and thank you to all u guys who find time to answer questions for ppple like me.im very new to this n this is my first post.i came into this country genuinely as a visitor with the intentin of buying and selling clothes to my work collegues in my home country as i usec to work in a bank in 2002 and renewd it several times until in 2004 wen i visited again and was raped. the rapist was arrested and i refused to press charges as i was ashamed and feared for my life.after the incidence it turned out i got infected with hiv and this was confirmed by my doctors as i had regular health checks from my sickle cell disease due to the change in my health status i stayed in country in other to get good medical health care as i was advised to start my meds as i had a weak immune system.my last visa expired in 2007 and i was advised to apply for descretionay leave on compassionate ground but no word from the ho,not even an acknowledgement letter since february.do u guys think that i stand a chance?its so fustrating and many times i wished i stayed in country n never came here.i have a four mnth old son now as im trying hard to live a normal life again.please help me.what do i do if i get turned down? :cry:

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:30 pm

Whilst ur story is harrowing is there any reason why you can't return to ur home country?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: any hope for me on descretionary leave application

Post by Rozen » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:41 pm

carly smith wrote:Hi everyone,
firstly i want say to a big well done and thank you to all u guys who find time to answer questions for ppple like me.im very new to this n this is my first post.i came into this country genuinely as a visitor with the intentin of buying and selling clothes to my work collegues in my home country as i usec to work in a bank in 2002 and renewd it several times until in 2004 wen i visited again and was raped. the rapist was arrested and i refused to press charges as i was ashamed and feared for my life.after the incidence it turned out i got infected with hiv and this was confirmed by my doctors as i had regular health checks from my sickle cell disease due to the change in my health status i stayed in country in other to get good medical health care as i was advised to start my meds as i had a weak immune system.my last visa expired in 2007 and i was advised to apply for descretionay leave on compassionate ground but no word from the ho,not even an acknowledgement letter since february.do u guys think that i stand a chance?its so fustrating and many times i wished i stayed in country n never came here.i have a four mnth old son now as im trying hard to live a normal life again.please help me.what do i do if i get turned down? :cry:
Sickle cell and hiv! That must be really hard. But you'll probably have to go back to your home country if you do get turned down. HIV treatment has improved over the years even in developing nations. So HO don't regard it as a reason to stay in the UK anymore. Unless ofcourse, you're on the brink of death! What about the baby daddy? Is he still in the picture?

carly smith
Newly Registered

Post by carly smith » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:34 pm

well,
its quite hard to go back to my home country as i feel that i will not be able to fit in plus its hugely a big stigma where im from .also considering the fact that i came into this country without it,not that its an excuse for me to stay here,i think everyone has one.i just cant start all over again,explaining myself to doctors n all.its not a happy situation to be in.A lot has been taken away from me im literally existing.im not asking for sympathy i feel like its only wise that i stayed n save myself the shame n embarassment.it would probably kill me faster if i was back hme fpr fear of rejection n all.but im trying hard to be hopeful.