ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

urgent help needed pp & visa expired but PP still with H

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

asmi10

urgent help needed pp & visa expired but PP still with H

Post by asmi10 » Fri May 29, 2009 10:05 pm

hello,
i have a very complicated case and i hope some one with find me a solution i started my course in jan 2007(mba) i also started doin a parallel course in IT in july 2007 which got over in july 2008 so since i had got a degree in IT i applied for psw on it in oct 2008 my student visa expired on nov 2008.i was rejected psw on the grounds that my college closed down and my passport returned on 31st jan2009 with a right to appeal.(i have read the rules of the HO which clearly states taht "if a college is closed by HO and any application recieved from that college after that date will be refused"but i got a degree in july2008 when it was valid i applied for psw in october2008 it was valid then as well.if they had refused and sent my application in december2008 i could have applied for student visa through my mba college under late application.i talked to my lawyers who are on the HO panel of immigration lawyers who said to appeal but i didnt have money nor time to apply for it so they suggested me to apply for student visa and gave me a supporting letter explaining the case.so I HAD APPLIED FOR A STUDENT VISA EXTENSION IN feb 2009 AND WAS CALLED FOR BIOMATRIX ON 2ND APRIL 2009.I REQUESTED THEM TO GIVE ME A N EARLIER DATE AS MY PASSPORT WAS EXPIRING ON 31ST MARCH 2009 BUT THEY SAID TAHT ITS NEITHER THEIR FAULT NOR MINE AS THEY DONT HAVE ANY DATES BEFORE TAHT SO I AGREED.NOT ITS 3red june 2009 AND I STILL HAVENT GOT MY PASSPORT BACK .MY PASSPORT HAS ALREADY EXPIRED.I CONTACTED MY LAWYER AND SHE SAID TAHT SHE THINKS THAT THE DELAY IS BECAUSE OF HIGH NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS AND I SHOULDNT PANIC.i TRIED CALLING THE HO TO EXPLAIN MY CASE AND GET A SOLUTION AND ALL I WAS TOLD THAT THEY CANT TELL MY VISA STATUS.I EMAILED THEM BUT THEY DONT REPLY.I HAVE REALLY STARTED TO PANIC NOW..................MY PASSPORT HAS EXPIRED SO HAS MY VISA...........PLEASE HELP ME..................URGENTLY
Last edited by asmi10 on Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:01 pm

asmi10 wrote:hello,
i have a very complicated case and i hope some one with find me a solution i started my course in jan 2007(mba) i also started doin a parallel course in IT in july 2007 which got over in july 2008 so since i had got a degree in IT i applied for psw on it in oct 2008 my student visa expired on nov 2008.i was rejected psw on the grounds that my college closed down and my passport returned on 31st jan2009 with a right to appeal.(i have read the rules of the HO which clearly states taht "if a college is closed by HO and any application recieved from that college after that date will be refused"but i got a degree in july2008 when it was valid i applied for psw in october2008 it was valid then as well.if they had refused and sent my application in december2008 i could have applied for student visa through my mba college under late application.i talked to my lawyers who are on the HO panel of immigration lawyers who said to appeal but i didnt have money nor time to apply for it so they suggested me to apply for student visa and gave me a supporting letter explaining the case.so I HAD APPLIED FOR A STUDENT VISA EXTENSION IN feb 2009 AND WAS CALLED FOR BIOMATRIX ON 2ND APRIL 2009.I REQUESTED THEM TO GIVE ME A N EARLIER DATE AS MY PASSPORT WAS EXPIRING ON 31ST MARCH 2009 BUT THEY SAID TAHT ITS NEITHER THEIR FAULT NOR MINE AS THEY DONT HAVE ANY DATES BEFORE TAHT SO I AGREED.NOT ITS 3red june 2009 AND I STILL HAVENT GOT MY PASSPORT BACK .MY PASSPORT HAS ALREADY EXPIRED.I CONTACTED MY LAWYER AND SHE SAID TAHT SHE THINKS THAT THE DELAY IS BECAUSE OF HIGH NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS AND I SHOULDNT PANIC.i TRIED CALLING THE HO TO EXPLAIN MY CASE AND GET A SOLUTION AND ALL I WAS TOLD THAT THEY CANT TELL MY VISA STATUS.I EMAILED THEM BUT THEY DONT REPLY.I HAVE REALLY STARTED TO PANIC NOW..................MY PASSPORT HAS EXPIRED SO HAS MY VISA...........PLEASE HELP ME..................URGENTLY
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

asmi10

Post by asmi10 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:21 pm

Can any body guide me with a solution....................plz im very nervous now...........i really need help

irfankais
Newly Registered

Post by irfankais » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:02 am

asmi10 wrote:Can any body guide me with a solution....................plz im very nervous now...........i really need help
Asmi, why didn't you appeal against your psw refusal. You had a valid argument as your college was still on register when you studied there even when you applied but in current situation you have no other option except waiting. If you phone them, they will say the same thing all the times and you will be wasting your money as well on phone calls. They take around 14 weeks after the date of biometrics so just wait. I waited for more than 8 months and got my passports yesterday. Now your concern that your passport is expired, you don't need to worry as when you submitted the application, your passport was valid and they are supposed to endorse in that passport. My wife's passport expired in april when it was with home office but they have endorsed the visa in that.

All the best mate.

asmi10

Post by asmi10 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:32 am

I didnt appeal solely because my friends who had applied before me for psw,got rejected as well on the same grounds and when they appealed in jan in got rejected .......So it was confirmed that HO dindt want them to stay here.I am still studying for MBA dergree through a very reputed college and wil finish my degree with results in jan 2010.so i was hopeful that ho will allow me to extend my student visa. as i just have few months left to complete.now the HO has made my case really complicated...

irfankais
Newly Registered

Post by irfankais » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:38 pm

asmi10 wrote:I didnt appeal solely because my friends who had applied before me for psw,got rejected as well on the same grounds and when they appealed in jan in got rejected .......So it was confirmed that HO dindt want them to stay here.I am still studying for MBA dergree through a very reputed college and wil finish my degree with results in jan 2010.so i was hopeful that ho will allow me to extend my student visa. as i just have few months left to complete.now the HO has made my case really complicated...
They are not making it complicated. Its very busy these days due to backlog. You dont worry, just wait and concentrate on your studies.

asmi10

Post by asmi10 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:16 pm

do i have any hope.........of getting visa extension?