ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TRAVELLING VIA UK WITH STAMP 4 EU FAM

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anusuri
Newly Registered

TRAVELLING VIA UK WITH STAMP 4 EU FAM

Post by anusuri » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:50 am

HI THERE,
HOPE YOU GUYS CAN GIVE CORRECT INFORMATION.
I WNAT TO GO TO INDIA FROM DUBLIN. I HOLD STAMP 4 EU FAM STATUS.
I WANT TO BOOK A TICKET VIA UK AS A STOP FOR CONNECTING FLIGHT AS THERE ARE NO DIRECT FLIGHTS. BUT BOOKING WILL BE DONE FROM DUBLIN TO INDIA DIRECTLY. DO I NEED ANY TRANSIT VISA FOR THAT 2 HOUR STOP IN THE UK AIRPORT. OR WILL I GET ANY EXEMPTION BECAUSE I HOLD STAMP 4 EU.

CAN YOU GUYS PLEASE HELP ME

jhbmike

Re: TRAVELLING VIA UK WITH STAMP 4 EU FAM

Post by jhbmike » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:57 am

anusuri wrote:HI THERE,
HOPE YOU GUYS CAN GIVE CORRECT INFORMATION.
I WNAT TO GO TO INDIA FROM DUBLIN. I HOLD STAMP 4 EU FAM STATUS.
I WANT TO BOOK A TICKET VIA UK AS A STOP FOR CONNECTING FLIGHT AS THERE ARE NO DIRECT FLIGHTS. BUT BOOKING WILL BE DONE FROM DUBLIN TO INDIA DIRECTLY. DO I NEED ANY TRANSIT VISA FOR THAT 2 HOUR STOP IN THE UK AIRPORT. OR WILL I GET ANY EXEMPTION BECAUSE I HOLD STAMP 4 EU.

CAN YOU GUYS PLEASE HELP ME
My understanding is that if you have a connecting flight and are not leaving the airport then no you will not need a uk visa. However if you are for example taking a flight with ryanair for example and then have a flight to India then yes you will need a transit visa.

ca.funke
Belgium

Re: TRAVELLING VIA UK WITH STAMP 4 EU FAM

Post by ca.funke » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:34 am

anusuri wrote:hi there,
hope you guys can give correct information.
i wnat to go to india from dublin. i hold stamp 4 eu fam status.
i want to book a ticket via uk as a stop for connecting flight as there are no direct flights. but booking will be done from dublin to india directly. do i need any transit visa for that 2 hour stop in the uk airport. or will i get any exemption because i hold stamp 4 eu.

can you guys please help me
Hi Anusuri,

welcome to the forum :!:

Just as a hint: Writing in capitals is usually considered SCREAMING and makes your post harder to read.

Considering your topic: You have a 4EUFAM card, thus you must be married to an EU-citizen.

If you arrive to the UK from Ireland you cannot immediately go to the transit-area, as incoming flights from Eire are treated as domestic in the UK.

However, with 4EUFAM, you may travel to the UK altogether as long as your partner is with you.

Thus this must logically be treated as if you were "normally" travelling to the UK, see complete details >>here<<.

The short summary is: The UK is illegally not accepting 4EUFam cards for entry, or at least you may run into some problems.

Why not fly to Brussels (not Charleroi!) with aerlingus.com and on to India with jetairways.com? Or via Frankfurt (not Hahn!) and continue with airindia.com ? Both Germany and Belgium accept the 4EUFam-card for entry, while also having transit areas which should allow visa-free travel altogether.

Good luck and enjoy your trip to India. :)

Regards, Christian
Last edited by ca.funke on Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

nicepecsigot

Post by nicepecsigot » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:49 am

yes you will need visa full stop

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:07 am

nicepecsigot wrote:yes you will need visa full stop
Interesting point of view. Could you substantiate a little bit why you think so?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:34 pm

anusuri,

Are you travelling with your EU spouse?