ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

From fiancee to marriage visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rachprocter4

From fiancee to marriage visa

Post by rachprocter4 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:34 pm

Hello,
My fiancee is currently in the uk on a fiancee visa. We are not 100% clear what to do when we're married. Obviously he applied of his last visa from the u.s on the website. Is this the way we apply for the next time? And can anyone point out the different things we'll need to prove for this one compared to the fiancee visa?
Lastly I'd like to thank everyone on this forum for your continuing help with my immigration questions!
Thanks again
Rachel

rachprocter4

Post by rachprocter4 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Sorry. Just found the application to extend visa to husband/wife one.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:52 pm

If you're still with us and want confirmation, it's form FLR(M). Bear in mind that he won't be legally able to work until the application has been granted and postal applications are taking around 3 months to process. However, you can apply in person for a higher fee.

rachprocter4

Post by rachprocter4 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:54 pm

3 months?! Oh no! But his 6 months will be up by then if it takes 3 months for the next visa.
I am under the impression that we cannot apply in person as it's not a straight forward case.(he has enough savings to support himself but i get housing benefit and working tax credit)
3 months it'll be!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:51 am

He will still have legal status while the application is being processed.
You shouldn't have a problem with the FLR visa if nothing has changed
since you applied for fiance visa. If they granted this, they should issue the spouse FLR visa. (An ID card now, not a visa vignette in the passport)

rachprocter4

Post by rachprocter4 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:25 am

It took new york 24 hours to decide to grant the first visa so fingers crossed for the next one. So he's allowed to stay while they make their mind up. Thats good.

If you know, can you go for a in person application if your application includes info on benefits?

Thanks for your time. It never ceases to amaze me how complicated immigration law is!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:37 am

If you have savings and nothing has changed from your fiance application I can't see why you would have a problem applying in person.