ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EXTENSION OF PSW-----HELP PLEASE

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jibso_00
Newly Registered

EXTENSION OF PSW-----HELP PLEASE

Post by jibso_00 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:43 pm

hi everybody, my IGS visa expires at the end of this month. i just found out that i have to have 800 pounds last 3 months. i have now almost 3000 pounds last 1.5 month? if i aply , would i get the visa? i dont want to get rejected. what should i do?

can i go back to my home country and open a bank account there wait 3 months and apply there? ist is possible?? or does it have to be continous ?cant i get 3 months break between these two visa??? :( :( :(

koolbone

Re: EXTENSION OF PSW-----HELP PLEASE

Post by koolbone » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:42 am

jibso_00 wrote:hi everybody, my IGS visa expires at the end of this month. i just found out that i have to have 800 pounds last 3 months. i have now almost 3000 pounds last 1.5 month? if i aply , would i get the visa? i dont want to get rejected. what should i do?

can i go back to my home country and open a bank account there wait 3 months and apply there? ist is possible?? or does it have to be continous ?cant i get 3 months break between these two visa??? :( :( :(

If you apply with statements that are less than 3 months, your application will most definitely be refused.
And since this is a transitional application (IGS to PSW), you can only make this switch in the UK.
You could go ahead with the application here, get the refusal and appeal. If you keep on maintaining the balance and you're able to show that at the time of appealing, you met the maintenance requirement, there's a chance that with a lenient judge, you could win the appeal.
Sorry I'm suggesting such a risky thing but that's the best I could think of.
Maybe other posters will be able to point you out in a better direction
All the best

wait
- thin ice -

Post by wait » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:13 am

ya thats right u cant make transitional application outside the uk but what u can do is if u have got personel account overseas or some one who is ur friend or relative then u can put ur name in their statement for 3 months as a joint account holdrs and the balance shoud be always £2800 thats the only option or if u have got 1.5 month statement from uk then even u can show 1.5 month statement from overseas in ur name to combine the requirement of 3 months bank statement

jibso_00
Newly Registered

Post by jibso_00 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:19 pm

i have one overseas account since 2004 but idint have any money , my parents put some money just 3 days ago. my mother has a account, but bank they can put my name now, but they cant show me on the account last 3 months. they dont gave me the letter, even my parents insisted alot: :( even i thougt about getting a fake letter, but i dont want to take the risk. i they find out it my affect all my visa applications even for the other countries. it is said i have been working with the same place almost 1.5 years, i have every documents, my pay-slips, my contract, my police certificates, i got all my visas so for without any problem. what why it makes me so sad and angry, if i knew they cahanged the rules i would keep the money!!!!

do you really think that if i keep the money until appeal, would it help me?wouldnt they consider the my application date when i go to appeal. they migt tell me u applied that day (27th jun visa expiry) they might ask 3 month back which is from 27 march???

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:03 am

jibso_00 wrote:i have one overseas account since 2004 but idint have any money , my parents put some money just 3 days ago. my mother has a account, but bank they can put my name now, but they cant show me on the account last 3 months. they dont gave me the letter, even my parents insisted alot: :( even i thougt about getting a fake letter, but i dont want to take the risk. i they find out it my affect all my visa applications even for the other countries. it is said i have been working with the same place almost 1.5 years, i have every documents, my pay-slips, my contract, my police certificates, i got all my visas so for without any problem. what why it makes me so sad and angry, if i knew they cahanged the rules i would keep the money!!!!

do you really think that if i keep the money until appeal, would it help me?wouldnt they consider the my application date when i go to appeal. they migt tell me u applied that day (27th jun visa expiry) they might ask 3 month back which is from 27 march???
It could be anything but at the moment u can't do anything except for sending it and prepare yourself accordingly.... there have been a huge hue N cry about the maintenance thingy but i donno why and how u missed that thing....
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

wait
- thin ice -

Post by wait » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:03 am

these rul were changed in 2008 oct, so now u cant blame that u did nt know about that its almost 8 months ago when the bank statement requirement came in now its up 2 u what action u ll take

jibso_00
Newly Registered

Post by jibso_00 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:52 pm

thank you so much for all the answers and help. it is my fault and my stupidness , i do accept that 100%. i got my visa jun 2009, that time i was thinking one year is enough, i was going to go bac to my home country at the en of my visa. so i didnt check it. then i started a better job 2 months ago. that time i decided to stay for another year. but still i dinnt check the form, i juct asked my friends if there is any changes , they tol me no, everything is the same. i should have checked it since that day which is may i keep the money there( almost 1.5 months) thats the case.

now i really want to stay. should i send my all documents and take the risk? i will send 3 months bank statement here, also i have a letter from a overseas bank saying i opened my bank account 2004, and i have 5000 pounds in my account. my parents put the money 02 jun. on the letter it doesnt say when they put the money, it just show my balance. it doesnt mention about last 3 months. how sure is it they will allow me to go the appeal. when they send my documents and rejected passport, can i go for appeal. if they say no appeal. or every cases i can go to appeal?

wait
- thin ice -

Post by wait » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:27 pm

they ll give u the right of appeal but its better if u ask the bank manager overseas where ur parent held an account to give u a letter mentioned that u hae had these funds for last 3 months and ur name shoud be on that statement or banks letter.

jibso_00
Newly Registered

Post by jibso_00 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:37 pm

thanks wait for the reply, i did try to put my name on my mothers account. they said they cant give me a letter saying i was holding xxx money last 3 months, because i wasnt in the account 3 months ago...i dont know what to dooooooooooooooo!!!

jibso_00
Newly Registered

Post by jibso_00 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:38 pm

i think i should start packing :(

wait
- thin ice -

Post by wait » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:10 pm

u can pm then i wud tell wat 2 do

jibso_00
Newly Registered

Post by jibso_00 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:17 pm

if i dont send all my documents and go back to home, i dont want to think about all the time "if i applied would i get the visa" maybe i will regret all my life. do you know any good solicitors , hoe much would it cost me?

mayaa
Newly Registered

Post by mayaa » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:04 pm

my sutiation is almost the same, my visa expires 01 july 2009. i read so many posts most of them says keep the money until the hearing date, maybe then we might get some luck. that time it will be more than 5 months, bbut if they consider the application date , that time mines will be less then 3 months. hope they will consider the bank statement until hearing date.

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:12 am

jibso_00 wrote:if i dont send all my documents and go back to home, i dont want to think about all the time "if i applied would i get the visa" maybe i will regret all my life. do you know any good solicitors , hoe much would it cost me?
Dont waste time on solicitors.... u r educated enough to do anything on your own.... just apply and wait... your overseas account might help u....
=======================
=======================

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:13 am

mayaa wrote:my sutiation is almost the same, my visa expires 01 july 2009. i read so many posts most of them says keep the money until the hearing date, maybe then we might get some luck. that time it will be more than 5 months, bbut if they consider the application date , that time mines will be less then 3 months. hope they will consider the bank statement until hearing date.
They do consider this....
=======================
=======================