ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding Work Permit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Fuscia

Regarding Work Permit

Post by Fuscia » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:47 pm

Basically, my sister in law has a work permit valid for 48 months. It started in Feb 2006. She entered the country in April 2006. Her visa is valid for 60 months. When her work permit is finished in Feb 2006 she would have completed 4 years. Is she still allowed to work? Even though her work permit time is finished? She still has a visa for a year left.

ILR she has to be on work permit for five years, but it is only four years? Can she apply for work permit extension or she have to apply for HSMP? Her job come in tier 2. Can she apply in country.

Thank you v much.

HSMP2008_JANUARY

Post by HSMP2008_JANUARY » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:51 pm

I think you should check with the year. I did not understand the question as time dates (may be ) wrong. But this is what my understand after reading your question.

If your question is "can she continue to work in spite of her work finished here but she has valid visa" then the answer is NO.
The reason being, since the WP is sponsored by an individual company, she has to work for them as long as they have assignment for her here.

Yes, she has to complete 5 years either or combination of WP, HSMP or Tier 1, Tier 2.

Fuscia

Post by Fuscia » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:33 pm

Thankyou for your quick reply. (sorry i just read again her work permit finish feb 2010!!!)

She was granted work permit in Feb 2006 for 48 months. Her entry clearance visa was granted in April 2006, she then traveled in April 2006 to UK. However her visa is valid for 60 months.

Why did they the home office give her visa for 60 months? Is ist against the law if she stay in UK after work permit is finished? is it against the law if she work when work permit is finished. Sorry for ask again.

There is no more giving work permits so she have to apply for extension on work permit, but there is not work permits anymore will she having to apply for HSMP?

Her job is not in shortage list what is the likely chance she will get it?

Thankyou again. :lol: