ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

The New Citizenship Bill

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jahangir

The New Citizenship Bill

Post by jahangir » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:14 pm

I checked the HSMP Forum website and was horrified to read some of the details of the new Bill.

Please visit the site and check the new Draft Letters to your MPs.
I wish had put all my efforts in going to Australia instead of wasting it here.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: The New Citizenship Bill

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:02 pm

Hi Jahangi,

Can you please put the extracts here and let us know what terrified you?
jahangir wrote:I checked the HSMP Forum website and was horrified to read some of the details of the new Bill.

Please visit the site and check the new Draft Letters to your MPs.
I wish had put all my efforts in going to Australia instead of wasting it here.

willnotbackHSMP

Post by willnotbackHSMP » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:38 pm

There is a thread particularly on this issue :

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 13&start=0

Edo

Post by Edo » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:09 pm

Please could someone briefly tell us what the bill is about? :?

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:33 pm

This bill is about raising the bar for citizenship to 8 years instead of 5+1 year. This has been in discussion for a while and you can get more details on UKBA website. The is also called Path to Citizenship.
Edo wrote:Please could someone briefly tell us what the bill is about? :?

jahangir

Post by jahangir » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:25 pm

Effectively HO is doing its best to curb immigration which might be understandable from one perspective. I read the proceedings of the parliament on the 2nd reading (someone posted it a few days back). While the Government is already tough on immigration, Opposition seemed to be even tougher.

The main problem obviously is with immediatacy and retrospectiveness. The same injustice as was done in the case of the previous HSMP holders, is being done now. And neither the Government nor the oppostion wants to pay heed to our concerns.

Fortunately the Courts in this Country are reasonable fair.But even though High Court was in our side last time but this time the Bill has proposed measures to block the way leading to High Court. In anyway High Court cannot go against the intention of the law makers; at least not when such intention is quite open.

I propose to all HSMPians to regularly visit the website of HSMP Forum and collaborate with them in their campaign against this Bill, now by writing to the MPs and afterwards by taking the matter up in the Court.