ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

schengen visa for Tier1 UK visa holder in India.

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

paperwork

schengen visa for Tier1 UK visa holder in India.

Post by paperwork » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:00 pm

Hi,
I have a UK Tier1 visa issued in April from India. I havent yet entered UK. I want to be able to travel in Europe when I am in UK, for leisure.

I want to know if it would be convenient for me to get the Schengen visa from India. Since I don't have any concrete plans yet nor any invitations but I want to have the visa on the passport so that I can travel at any time I want.

Friends from your experiences, Which country of the schengen, would be convenient to apply and get the visa sooner. And what would be the requirements... do I need to show them hotel booking and all... even though I havent yet made the itenrary.

Thanks for your time.

Cheers!

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: schengen visa for Tier1 UK visa holder in India.

Post by Rozen » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:13 pm

paperwork wrote:Hi,
I have a UK Tier1 visa issued in April from India. I havent yet entered UK. I want to be able to travel in Europe when I am in UK, for leisure.

I want to know if it would be convenient for me to get the Schengen visa from India. Since I don't have any concrete plans yet nor any invitations but I want to have the visa on the passport so that I can travel at any time I want.

Friends from your experiences, Which country of the schengen, would be convenient to apply and get the visa sooner. And what would be the requirements... do I need to show them hotel booking and all... even though I havent yet made the itenrary.

Thanks for your time.

Cheers!
It's completely up to you, whether you want to apply from the UK or from India!

As for the requirements, it's up to the concerned country. Make an effort to look them up on their respective websites. It's really that simple. :roll:

magsi23
Member of Standing

Re: schengen visa for Tier1 UK visa holder in India.

Post by magsi23 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:53 am

paperwork wrote:Hi,

Thanks for your time.

Cheers!

Unfortunately you cant do that, you would need to show them bookings ie Flights, Hotel etc for the exact period you want to travel, They generally dont give you visa that long so you can go whenever you want as i said it needs to be for specific dates.
Magsi