ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Divirce and EEA

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

irakra

Divirce and EEA

Post by irakra » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:35 pm

Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me if I should inform HO about my divorce with EEA husband or I should wait till my current RC expires? (decree absolute has been issued in fabruary)

Thank you

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:38 pm

Before answering that ..... how long did the two of you live together in the UK? And how long did the marriage last ... from date of marriage to date divorce petition was filed at the Court?
John

irakra

Post by irakra » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:13 pm

We have been married for over three years and 2 of those in the uk. I just divorced.

irakra

Post by irakra » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:15 pm

Hi,

It's been more than 3 years and 2 of those in the uk. I have some proof of him excercising treaty rights, but not sure it would be enough.

Juv
BANNED

Post by Juv » Wed May 20, 2009 9:03 pm

hey irakra, any news?

irakra

Post by irakra » Fri May 22, 2009 4:36 pm

Hi all,

I informed HO, 2 weeks ago, now wait for their reply. Obviously, they will ask for routine documents from me, as they did with other mombers of these forum.

My fear is they might go back to me in 7 months or more, like in case with Morpheo. There is nothing I can do about it. What annoys me most, the length of this process, impossibility to travel, or even apply for jobs, but at least we know what to expect.

irakra

retention of rights after divorce EEA

Post by irakra » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:39 pm

Hi everybody.

last update. As I said, I sent a letter informing HO of my divorce. One month later they sent a Certificate of Application, a standard one, like they sent to me when I applied for RC on EEA2 form. In that CoA they ask not to make any travel plans until my passport is returned...I actully didn't make any application neither did I send any passport...just sent them a letter where I inform them about my divorce and in case they need any documents from me, I am ready to submit them.

I think, they just send this CoA to everybody. That simply means they will direct my letter to senior caseworker, and god knows what next...

You are welcome to share your views.

Juv
BANNED

Post by Juv » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:22 pm

Hello, what did you do in the end? Apply for COA to get married again?

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:32 pm

Juv wrote:Hello, what did you do in the end? Apply for COA to get married again?
I think OP's talking about COA (Certificate of Application) as regards an acknowledgement of an EEA application, and not COA to get married. :roll:

irakra

Post by irakra » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:18 pm

Hi everybody,

Actually I am still waiting for HO reply. It's been 3 months since I informed them of my divorce by a normal letter sent to their address in Liverpool, as I was told by HO customer service advisor on the phone. The thing is I maybe they will ignore my letter and I am waiting in vain???I'd rather start this lengthy send-us-your-documents-process now and get it over with asap.

jude

hy

Post by jude » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:07 pm

hy
I am also with you , sent mind and divorce letter to inform about my changes but uptill now no reply form them . almost 2 months now.
hallo

Juv
BANNED

Post by Juv » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:18 pm

ok, so what about your fiance? are you planning to get married or apply for unmarried partners visa then? correct me if im wrong but that is what i remember was happening with you last time i checked :roll: