ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW rejected, help sought.

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

charm1
Newly Registered

PSW rejected, help sought.

Post by charm1 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:13 pm

Hi!
PSW rejected on following grounds. I have made an appeal myself without help of solicitor and hearing date is 6 july 2009.

Do you think I have a chance to win? Should I use the service of a solicitor at least for representation on hearing date? suggestions please.....

Paragraph from Case Worker’s Letter of Refusal

‘As the certificate provided from the College only states the year of the award we are unable to grant the points claimed for Date of award. We require at least the month and year that the qualification was awarded.’

my ground of appeal: I have submitted a new letter from the college confirming date of award as 12 feb 2009.

‘You have submitted Barclays statements for two accounts and nationwide statements. The last date covered by the statements is 18 March 2009 and therefore the required three month period was from 19 December 2008 until 18 march 2009.
Unfortunately, only your regular savings account covers 17 March 2009 and 18 March 2009 and the balance in this account at this time was £462.96. Therefore, we are unable to grant the points claimed for maintenance’.

my ground of appeal: I did submit bank statements as proof towards my maintenance funds claimed which mentions the covering period to be 1st December 2008 to 13th March 2009, whereas the time considered by the Home office is for the period from 19th December 2008 until 18th March 2009, which is just because my last statement date for Regular Savings account is dated 18th March 2009.

End date on statements have different dates as the regular statement dates differ for each bank accounts. However, I have maintained at least £800 throughout last three months. In addition, the cumulative balance amount on 17 March 2009 was £1988.08 and on 18 March 2009 was £1988.08 not £462.96 as claimed by the case worker in the Refusal Letter.

I have maintained at least £800 not only for 3 months but to-date and will be sending the latest statements to AIT soon.

comments welcome.

thanks

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:36 pm

That's quite a straight fwd case but make sure you bring a statement which shows clearly the dates they were disputing. Don't fret, you'll be ok. They have quite a few incompetent people working at the HO.
We are all pencils in the hand of our creator~ Unknown

sandeep123
Newly Registered

Re: PSW rejected, help sought.

Post by sandeep123 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:34 pm

hi,

I am partially facing the same situation. my visa got rejected on the basis of fund maintenance which is not true. I m going to send papers to ait tommrow. Can u please tell me what all apapers exactly we have to send.

thanks
sandeep

charm1 wrote:Hi!
PSW rejected on following grounds. I have made an appeal myself without help of solicitor and hearing date is 6 july 2009.

Do you think I have a chance to win? Should I use the service of a solicitor at least for representation on hearing date? suggestions please.....

‘As the certificate provided from the College only states the year of the award we are unable to grant the points claimed for Date of award. We require at least the month and year that the qualification was awarded.’

my ground of appeal: I have submitted a new letter from the college confirming date of award as 12 feb 2009.

‘You have submitted Barclays statements for two accounts and nationwide statements. The last date covered by the statements is 18 March 2009 and therefore the required three month period was from 19 December 2008 until 18 march 2009.
Unfortunately, only your regular savings account covers 17 March 2009 and 18 March 2009 and the balance in this account at this time was £462.96. Therefore, we are unable to grant the points claimed for maintenance’.

my ground of appeal: I did submit bank statements as proof towards my maintenance funds claimed which mentions the covering period to be 1st December 2008 to 13th March 2009, whereas the time considered by the Home office is for the period from 19th December 2008 until 18th March 2009, which is just because my last statement date for Regular Savings account is dated 18th March 2009.

End date on statements have different dates as the regular statement dates differ for each bank accounts. However, I have maintained at least £800 throughout last three months. In addition, the cumulative balance amount on 17 March 2009 was £1988.08 and on 18 March 2009 was £1988.08 not £462.96 as claimed by the case worker in the Refusal Letter.

I have maintained at least £800 not only for 3 months but to-date and will be sending the latest statements to AIT soon.

comments welcome.

thanks

charm1
Newly Registered

Post by charm1 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:05 pm

Hi! Sandeep
you need to send all the documents sent to the home office plus any other documents to support your case.
Fill up the AIT appeal form which is quite straighforward. Give some time to prepare your 'ground of appeal' and attach to the application form. I couldn't manage my time properly so had to fax all those pages to AIT on the last day. If you have time it is better posting them.
sandeep123 wrote:hi,

I am partially facing the same situation. my visa got rejected on the basis of fund maintenance which is not true. I m going to send papers to ait tommrow. Can u please tell me what all apapers exactly we have to send.

thanks
sandeep

comments welcome.

thanks

koolbone

Post by koolbone » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:55 pm

Another ridiculous refusal by the home office. Refusals like this make me really mad. Even if your award letter just showed the year (2009), we're just in the 6th month of 2009, which is within a year. So, refusal to award you the points there is quite baseless. They are even so inept as to be reducing the amount of money in your account. God help us!
Like Diokpa said, your case is pretty straight forward and you'll definitely win your appeal.
Just be patient throughout and after the appeal process because it's a lengthy one.
All the best mate.

sandeep123
Newly Registered

Post by sandeep123 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:49 pm

As per my knowledge I am sending 3 sets of document. do we have to send copy of degree, college letter. etc. which we send before as i already got points on it.

1. AIT Filled Form.
2. Visa refusal notice from HO.
3. Copy of Bank statement which i sent before at the time of applying.

Please let me know do we need to send anything more along with it.

THANKS & REGARDS
SANDEEP

charm1 wrote:Hi! Sandeep
you need to send all the documents sent to the home office plus any other documents to support your case.
Fill up the AIT appeal form which is quite straighforward. Give some time to prepare your 'ground of appeal' and attach to the application form. I couldn't manage my time properly so had to fax all those pages to AIT on the last day. If you have time it is better posting them.

thanks
sandeep

comments welcome.

thanks

charm1
Newly Registered

Post by charm1 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:51 pm

First let me thank Diokpa & koolbone for your encouraging words. I was unsure whether it was a correct decision to represent the case myself. but your words have give me some reassurance.

yes, one of the college docs had only 2009 printed on it as date of award. Now the college has issued me with a new letter stating the exact date. It is a ridiculous reason to give as my application was made on last week of march 2009. It cannot be more than a year old. It seems that officers are just a robot not human, as they don't use any discretion. they perform as they are programmed.

about maintenance funds, I had the req. balance but last statement date from one of the accounts was taken as basis for calculating 3 months time rather than the last date common to all 3 accounts.

I am going to take updated bank statements with me for hearing.

Can somebody throw some light what happens on the hearing day and how should I prepare as I said I am representing myself.

thanks in advance.

charm1
Newly Registered

Post by charm1 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:55 pm

I might not be the right person to suggest you, but I had sent all the docs that was submitted to home office plus new bank statements.

sandeep123 wrote:As per my knowledge I am sending 3 sets of document. do we have to send copy of degree, college letter. etc. which we send before as i already got points on it.

1. AIT Filled Form.
2. Visa refusal notice from HO.
3. Copy of Bank statement which i sent before at the time of applying.

Please let me know do we need to send anything more along with it.

THANKS & REGARDS
SANDEEP

charm1 wrote:Hi! Sandeep

thanks
sandeep

comments welcome.

thanks

koolbone

Post by koolbone » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:39 am

check your private message. Just sent u a message

jack199
Member of Standing

Post by jack199 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:44 am

You will win the appeal and this is a straight forward matter. make sure this time all the paperwork is in order and make sure all the avenues are coved. I am sure that you will win this

All the best